aberdeen-music

Barry Shitpeas

You may have missed the boat. He's nowhere near as relentlessly cruel and bitter as he used to be. He's a bit more chipper. It's not as fun. He's still alright though, although I didn't care for his column where he practically apologised for being mean. What a wet fanny.

That always happens to me. I always get to the party late (by party I mean a tv show, podcast, film series, website etc) and then just as I start to get into it, it either dies or turns shit.

No, his main greatness is his newspaper column. Whilst I think he's alright on TV, he comes across way better when he's writing for The Guardian. You can read most of his stuff on The Guardian website, or I believe HMV have collections of selected articles for under a fiver.

He seems out of his depth when he discusses politics. Anything on the student protests by him is often quite cringe inducing but the last segment of Screenwipe on how the media portrayed the demonstrations/riots was spot on.

But that's just playing to the bias of The Guardian's readership. Any comment column in a newspaper has to do that which is why I hate them all.

I knew about the Konnie Huq thing, but I wouldn't know him if he came up and kicked me in the balls. Tho Wiki claims he used to write for Oink, and also was on the 11 o'clock show so he gets plus points for those. I'll keep an eye out for those wipe things if they're on again.

YouTube - Charlie Brooker - How To Report The News

two of the best bits.