aberdeen-music

MUSICIANS wanted ( vocalists, guitarists, anything really)

ribena89

I am a 20 year old lass looking for a new musical project in Aberdeen. I am currently studying in the netherlands on exchange but will be back in aberdeen to study at the end of january. I have a wide range of influences, including music from the genres of rock, classical, soul, blues, jazz and quite a lot more.

aerosmith, afro celtic soundsystem, alex harvey band, Antonio Vivaldi, Asa, Annie lennox, blink 182, bob marley, blur, beethoven, cappercaillie, Canned Heat, dave brubeck quartet, david bowie, david byrne, deep forest, david gilmour, elvis costello, feeder, fleetwood mac, flogging molly, foo fighters, frank zappa, franz ferdinand, the fratellis, free, gary moore, george frederick handel, greenday, guns n roses, j.j cale, jack johnson, jackie wilson, james brown, jamiroquai, jet, joe jackson, joe satriani, john mayall, jools holland, kt tunstall, kate bush, manic street preachers, marc knopfler, maroon 5, meatloaf, monty python, mozart, natalie macmaster,, newton faulkner, norah jones, NQ arbuckle, old blind dogs, paul wellar, pink floyd, queen, razorlight, red hot chilli peppers, reel big fish, runrig, rage against the machine, santana, scissor sisters, shooglenifty, supertramp, trex, talking heads, television, the beatles the white stripes, led zeppelin, janis joplin the hivesl Thats just a random list of some of the music thats on my computer :p

the music ive been writing most recently though is kind of leaning towards artists like janis joplin, imelda may, more jazzy souly popy type stuff . . Hard to explain. Would be keen for having another vocalist/guitarist/songwriter to collaborate with but I am pretty open minded about the whole situation. The one important thing is that I am pretty ambitious so I would hope that anyone that is interested is up for having fun but also is wanting to do well and try and play as many gigs as possible and has plenty of time for writing. If you are interested in getting to hear some of my own music then just PM me. I will be able to let you hear over skype or other such nonsense.

Cheers

Catriona