aberdeen-music

Guitarist looking to form/join a band

Xander

Start off with some stuff about myself, my name's Xander, just turned eighteen, and I'm trying to get back into gigging & writing music. I'm pretty reserved, I read quite a bit, and do a bit of writing. I like to read, watch films, listen to music, go out and get drunk, usual shit really.

Musically, I listen to a pretty broad range of styles, but main influences would probably be The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Libertines, Beck, and The Antlers. Mostly Brian Jonestown Massacre though. I'm looking to hopefully form a band with people around my age (18) of any number of people, I like to jam and see what sounds good, rather than just set out to write a song from nothing. Songwriting would probably be a collaborative effort as well.

Basically looking for a drummer, bassist, guitarist, and singer, or a bassist/singer or guitarist/singer etc.

As I said, I do a bit of writing, mostly poems, but they're not exactly great for songs, so preferably there would be some-one who can write good lyrics, and I would be happy to share what I have written with them.

If you're interested, get in touch with me on here, or add me through msn (which should be on my profile page)

Cheers, Xander