aberdeen-music

Favorite word?

berti

I like the phrase "loose cannon". Especially when used in Cop Films, to describe the flamboyant rogue who answers to no one. He'll usually get suspensed for something utterly ridiculous, but will use his spare time to continue to FIGHT CRIME.

.....without his weapon or badge but with the assistance of some sexy minx who has been wronged by the main baddie. He will often be "out of his jurisdiction".

Gary Busey for role of main baddie. Fuck favourite words, let's write this masterpiece!

I think it should be a Running Man style film where the best ever cop characters and bounty hunters have their guns taken off them and they have to escape an island with nothing but an attitude and a sharp tongue.

Harry Callahan, John McLean, Snake Plisken, Mike Lowery and Frank Drebbin. That should do it. The top screen tough guys all fighting the evil Busey!

Any ageing black actor for the role of Police Chief, who will mainly exist to frequently call the main character into his office with a 'GET IN HERE!!' or a 'YOU... MY OFFICE... NOW!'

Martin Lawrence will be taken 'off the case' at some point for his loose cannonry only to solve it extra-curricularly and therefore win back the trust of the chief.

"I'm too old for this shit" is going to be the closing line of the film.

Or perhaps one that takes place within the first 10 minutes, right before showing his dedication to the job for the next 80 or 90 minutes? He'll have a near death experience towards the end, where he thinks he's going to bleed to death, where he'll speak fondly of his retirement plans, until a heroic turn of events.

Everyone is going to be referred to by last name only, right?

Everyone is going to be referred to by last name only, right?

Correct Spies.

I would also like Frank Drebbin (or Drebbin as he will just be known in the movie) to have a fight scene where someone tries to poke him in the eyes but he sticks his hand up to his nose so the attacker's fingers are just too short.

• Upvote 1

there will of course be multiple counts of

'oh heeelllll no'

and

'ddaayyymmmm'

at every perceivable opportunity.

another possible ending line will be glover calling lawrence a 'son of a bitch' whilst smiling wistfully and reminiscing about his own 'loose cannon' days.

Of course, remember the dialogue will mainly be snappy one liners. Any other suggestions? Go ahead, make my day...

im proud that this thread has taken up to around 60 posts to go off at a tangent.

and what an epically awesome tangent it is......this could possibly be the greatest cop movie that is never made, tragic really

oh and, there will unequivocally have to be a car chase which involves

a)lawrence hanging out of the car whilst shooting (possibly steering with his penis because he is so awesome and only he can do this)

b)a large jump of some sort which involves everyone going in a slow motion time warp and shouting wwwwooooaaaahhhhhhh

c)complete distruction of a shop front/market stall/fruit cart

racking brain for any more cliches for that scene but struggling at the moment...