aberdeen-music

Underkills update

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

We've finally got ourselves a couple of gigs lined up for 2010, and we're rather excited...

Saturday 6 February

Live @ The Beach

Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen

The Little Kicks - THE LITTLE KICKS - Debut album out now on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Indian Red Lopez - INDIAN RED LOPEZ on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Underkills - The Underkills on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cast of the Capital - Cast Of The Capital on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Tickets 7.50 - available soon...

Sunday 2 May

Shmeet the Beat

Mambo's Nightclub, Peterhead

Alan McGee

Indian Red Lopez

The Underkills

+ a few more tbc

Tickets 5 (I think - still tbc though) - available soon...

That's all for now, but we're hoping to get some new material finished soon and ready for a very different sounding set from our previous gig back in April, and hopefully get some new tracks recorded in the new year.

Cheers :up:

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

That first one looks quite tasty.

As tasty as this?

bacon-bap-or-butty-or-sarnie.jpg

Wasn't there meant to be another gig held in the Beach Ballroom? Or is that this one? If one has already been done, anyone know how it went?

This is the second one - kashmir red, the locals and Tijuana sun played last time in August. Though you might be thinking of the all day fundraiser that was meant to happen in June. Can't remember what stopped it going ahead though?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

I now have tickets on me at all times* for the Beach Ballroom gig. 7.50 per ticket.

Give me a bell if you would like to purchase one.

PM me here, or if you know my personal contact details give me a phone/text!

It's going to be affa affa good. :)

*except today because I left them at home by mistake...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Oh, I'm really excited about our upcoming gig at the Beach Ballroom... week on Saturday!

Practice has been going well this week - new songs coming together nicely. Should have at least 3 or 4 new songs to play. Marvellous.

Anyone wants a ticket or two, give me a shout.

I've sold tickets to RockAustin and ca_gere from this site so far - they're great guys, so you should totally like buy a ticket from me and stuff, just so you can hang out with these supercool muthas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Well, that was an awful lot of fun on Saturday night, and I think we may have gained a few more fans.

Cheers to everyone who watched our set!

Next gig: Sunday 2nd May - Mambo's Nightclub, Peterhead.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gladstone

Cheeky little update.

We tried something new at the weekend.

Jumped on this bedroom recording bandwagon that seems to be sweeping the nation (well, at least 2 or 3 bands on this site have done it in the past couple of months...).

The lads headed out to my house in the sticks, we set up the v-drums, couple of guitar amps, bass amp, 8 track and laptop, and started pushing buttons to see what would happen.

I think it went quite well.

We've recorded the tracks for "Back On The Scene" and "Don't Fear Yourself" both brand spanking new songs that were debuted at Live @ The Beach in February, and the two that I think went down the best out of our new tunes. We still need to mix the tracks on our drummer's trusty laptop, but keep an eye out for these little beauties popping up on myspace/facebook/Radio 1/etc.

If we can get these sounding good, we'll be sure to be recording more and more new tunes in the coming months - we've got a shitload of new material, and want to record ALL of it.

Who knows, we might even release a CD at some point...

Become a fan on Facebook - that's where it's at:

The Underkills My Band | Facebook

Guest Gladstone
Decent. I'lll have a listen later.

We've not put anything new up yet - it's nae ready. Just heard the first mix of one of the songs we did on Saturday - it needs a fair bit of tweaking / bits re-recorded etc before we'll be letting the public hear it....

But, you know - go and listen to our other tracks at your leisure and stuff...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

One new song will be debuted on Saturday night at Drummonds.

"Thom Yorke, Thom Yorke"

Sounding fucking good at practice last night. Fucking good.

As well as the 4 others that were debuted at Live @ The Beach a couple of months ago, so a very new sounding set from the last time we played Drummonds, which feels like it was about 10 years ago.

Come along and have some fun y'all.

I might even buy you a pint (nae promising though...)

:cheers: