aberdeen-music

Cellar 35 Blues Nights....

Mojo Workin

I again recommend the 15th of Feb as stated in previous post for your diaries. This is a little shameless plugging but we all moan about the lack good Blues etc and these guys fair kick out the more garage nasty end of the spectrum.

The Bonnevilles on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

and we do this

Tupelo Town Assembly on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

As they say Jim, one man's meat....not everyone's a fan of blues rock either, and all blues is good blues if it is played well. It would be a bad place if we all liked the same thing. I like all types, but it has to bear a passing resemblance to blues instead of just a band being a vehicle for a demon guitar or harp player. I can take a good twenty minutes of that before me eyes glaze over, LOL.

Anyhow, to business. The Cellar 35 opening night has been put back until the first Saturday of March due to Son Henry being out of tune a little. His recent op to have a pair of P 90s and a pre-amp or whatever fitted has left us short of a brilliant Alaskan guitarist, so we're waiting until he's in better shape 'cos we can't manage without him. I'll keep you posted.

As they say Jim, one man's meat....not everyone's a fan of blues rock either, and all blues is good blues if it is played well. It would be a bad place if we all liked the same thing. I like all types, but it has to bear a passing resemblance to blues instead of just a band being a vehicle for a demon guitar or harp player. I can take a good twenty minutes of that before me eyes glaze over, LOL.

Anyhow, to business. The Cellar 35 opening night has been put back until the first Saturday of March due to Son Henry being out of tune a little. His recent op to have a pair of P 90s and a pre-amp or whatever fitted has left us short of a brilliant Alaskan guitarist, so we're waiting until he's in better shape 'cos we can't manage without him. I'll keep you posted.

Indeed Sir. I'm an old punk at heart so I like it a bit rough.

Are you familiar with 'Not The Same Old Blues Crap' label promoter in London. He takes a fine selection of old Blues dudes over from the states now and again. Worth checking out and don't let the name put you off. Wide selection for all tastes, more or less.

Not The Same Old Blues Crap on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Jim

• 1 month later...