aberdeen-music

Cellar 35 Blues Nights....

Mojo Workin

.....are re-starting on Saturday February the 6th to try to get a regular blues night going in Aberdeen. We are hoping Saturdays will prove to be a better bet than the old Thursday slot.

First gig is a special one off kicking off with two fantastic solo artists, Dick Wardell and Son Henry, followed on by a set from local trio Papamojo.

We're hoping this can turn into a great showcase for blues artists on a regular basis, goodness knows, Aberdeen hasn't got much going in the way of a blues scene lately.

.....are re-starting on Saturday February the 6th to try to get a regular blues night going in Aberdeen. We are hoping Saturdays will prove to be a better bet than the old Thursday slot.

First gig is a special one off kicking off with two fantastic solo artists, Dick Wardell and Son Henry, followed on by a set from local trio Papamojo.

We're hoping this can turn into a great showcase for blues artists on a regular basis, goodness knows, Aberdeen hasn't got much going in the way of a blues scene lately.

Good luck, might try and catch some of that...

G...

Only when the guitar is plugged in. But this will be a solo set, so I'll be a little more cultured so you can chat if you want to.

WARNING: Just don't sit in front of me during my set and tell the person on the other end of your mobile phone that you're "not doing anything important" in a loud voice like that idiot at the Lemon Tree, and then have the nerve to be offended when I turn up and break into "jackass with a mobile phone" and everyone laughs so hard that they spit their ciabatta through their nose. Except it'll be beer, because they don't serve yuppie food at Cellar 35. ;)

money-graphics-2008_866685a.jpg

"I'm at a gig........ No, it's shite!"

Wannabe Dom Joly's stay at home!

I've been meaning to go see some local blues artists for ages, ever since Eric came over to pick up a guitar from me and ended up chatting to him for over an hour about all the local blues talent and gigs that've come through these parts, so this'll be as good an excuse as any!

That would be great, always liked Janie's style and Red Dawg seem to have been away for far too long.

Bad news I got today is that it looks like Son Henry won't be able to make the first night. He is in hospital somewhere abroad and sadly, it seems like he won't be able to travel or play for a while.

If you manage to get online and read this, get well soon, Son.

Also, thanks for all the encouraging remarks guys, we are hoping like hell that the venue takes off this time. If there is as much support as you all seem to think there is, it could be a great wee blues club. Only problem is that there is a noise issue and that could prevent any loud blues/rock type bands from appearing. There's always a downside.