aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
red5

john peel's festive 50

the 20 quid i spent on e bay on 250 or so of his shows (spread across 8 DVD's!) was probably the best 20 quid i ever spent! and i shall be listening to the great man all the way too and back from scotland at new year! that site is good because there is many earlier shows, on my collection the oldest is 1990 but theyre mainly from his last couple of years. there's also some other good radio archive stuff on that site which gets a radio fanatic like me all excited!

I've got most of one show from c.82 on reel-to-reel somewhere, and cassettes of some daytime shows he did in the 90s (in which he played some chart stuff to keep the listeners happy). I've also got one from the 90s where he plays a song from my first album. I was severely chuffed (although I missed hearing it 'live').

I'd like to hear some of the early 70s shows again.

i remember when he did daytime for a week, it was fantastic. correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the first song he played was the fall 'why are people grudgeful' and made a comment on the lines of 'here's a song for all the family'. bloody legend!