aberdeen-music

LIVE AT THE BEACH - FEB 6th - 2010

kingofdeon

Some press has been done on this show:

Keep an eye out in the Evening Express and Press and Journal for wee mentions and maybe pics.

The gig has also been getting good plugs on Original 106 (thanks to Andy) and Northsound also.

The Scotsman gave it a wee mention also but im damned if i can find the bastarding link now!

And local Podcast from Aberdeen Events gave three of the four bands a spin here:

Podcasts AberdeenEvents

Guest Gladstone

Don't think Milner's posted this on here, but your ticket stub gains you free entry to Warehouse 2 for the afterparty on Saturday night.

1.50 drinks, and you get to chat with me and Steven Milne (and Michael Chang, but only by appointment).

Give me a shout if you would like to purchase a ticket.

Steven will probably offer you a hug to buy a ticket from him, I can't promise anything, but I might give you a firm handshake, and maybe even a pat on the back.

:up:

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Tonight folks - 7.30pm!

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Stage times anyone?

8 - Underkills

9 - COTC

10 - IRL

11 - Little Kicks

see you at 8 then...?

Guest Gladstone

Brilliant!

That was a really good gig.

Little Kicks were superb. First time seeing IRL and Cast of the Capital and was impressed by both. The Underkills, were a real surprise for me from the line up, really enjoyed their set. Time off well spent I think, good work!

I think the sound was not as good as it should have been in that venue though. I appreciate that it wasn't completely rammed but the sound was just too muddy to pick up the intricacies of some of the bands. Vocals were often lost. Just something to sort for next time.

All in all, a good turn out, great music, great vibe. Thanks for putting it on.

This was a lot of fun.

Not sure that we played to our full potential to be honest, a few glitches here and there but glad it seems to have gone down well and people seemed to get into it.

Lots of positive feedback about the event in general seems to be coming back so im sure theyll do it again, hopefully we can play there again also.