aberdeen-music

Bands doing Album gigs

Brymon

I went to the Ladies and Gentlemen, Spiritualized show in Manchester on Monday and it go me thinking of other bands i would like to see performing an entire album live. One that jumped at me straight away was A Storm in Heaven by The Verve!

Anyone else got any idea's what album they would like a band to play?

I wouldn't mind Metallica playing all of "...And Justice For All" but I think it would be somewhat disappointing these days. Too many little ammendments so not staying true to some of the aspects that set it apart.

I would've loved to see Pantera perform any of Cowboys, Vulgar Display, FBD or Trendkill live nevermind the whole thing! Any of those would've been ace start to finish. Shame I'll never see that :(

Low are playing the whole of "The Great Destroyer" at Primavera. Should be ace.

ISIS played the whole of "Oceanic" in London a couple of years ago at one of those Don't Look Back events. Apparently to be released on a DVD. Been saying that for yonks though.

Waaay too many albums I'd like to see played the whole way through.

Low are playing the whole of "The Great Destroyer" at Primavera. Should be ace.

are you going?I'd bloody love to see that. Over the years I've seen them play Cue The Strings, Silver Rider, Pissing, When I Go Deaf and (iirc) Everybody's Song. What I'd give to see Step,Broadway and Monkey.

In fact,I might go. Fuck it,why not?

My friend Andy saw them play Things We Lost in the Fire front to back at Koko a coupla years ago,complete with the string section and all collaborators who played on the record. He said that he nearly spaffed during Laser Beam. God,I love Low.

are you going?I'd bloody love to see that. Over the years I've seen them play Cue The Strings, Silver Rider, Pissing, When I Go Deaf and (iirc) Everybody's Song. What I'd give to see Step,Broadway and Monkey.

In fact,I might go. Fuck it,why not?

My friend Andy saw them play Things We Lost in the Fire front to back at Koko a coupla years ago,complete with the string section and all collaborators who played on the record. He said that he nearly spaffed during Laser Beam. God,I love Low.

That TWLITF with strings sounds ridiculously good. :D

Seriously considering going to Primavera, aye.

I can't help thinking that in most, but I admit not all, of these cases, the act in question isn't really that succesful anymore and the "classic" album in question often represents a career high-point for them, both artistically and commercially. For me, going back over old ground is a way of saying "we don't have any decent new music".

Personally, I'm glad that my two favourite artists, Mark Knopfler and Steve Earle, continue to release and tour excellent new albums, instead of just playing Brothers in Arms or Guitar Town in their entirety (although Steve Earle did do a special one off performance of Guitar Town a few years back, so maybe I'll just shut the fuck up :) )

last time i seen maiden they played the whole new album "matter of life and death" start to finish then 5 classic songs,

wasnae too impressed it's a good album but if they are doing an entire album id rather they did either the first one album "iron maiden" or "number of the beast" all the way through