aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Guest idol_wild
Has anyone said the Kooks yet? The fuckin Kooks .

Mate, The Kooks aren't a band. Just a bunch of cunts with instruments.

I met them once. And they really were cunts. Even Paulo Nutini (sic) was a nicer guy.

Erm, obvious troll is trolling. But there's something about your style I find compelling. Dragonforce would be amazing, in a wanky airguitar sort of way if they could actually play their stuff properly outside of the studio but they're actually shit.

Not a troll, youve just agreed with me, i find metallica to sound very similar to dragonforce.

I really dislike Dragonforce, just to add to this.

I don't know what it is, I just think they're a bunch of total bangers.

Also, Journey and Motley Crue can go suck a dobber.

Banger (n)

[ x ] Rolled cannabis cigarette

[ x ] Dilapidated vehicle

[ x ] Breast

[ x ] Good song

[ ] Member of Dragonforce

The only Dragonforce I've heard was clearly a pretty thin joke, but that's the biggest problem with them.

Metal isn't the most serious form of music. It delights in being silly, can be fun when its silly and looks pretty stupid when it's serious (chubby teenagers gurning to 'Nothing Else Matters' on a dance floor, no-marks with wiry goatees advertisng their signature BC Rich model in the backpages of Total Guitar, for example). Metal doesn't NEED Jack Black or Guitar Hero or Dethklok or Dragonforce to tell us it can both be fun and funny, and having the point driven home by some tit talking about the 'legions of metal' and widdling some nonsense on their fretboard is just irritating.

The only Dragonforce I've heard was clearly a pretty thin joke, but that's the biggest problem with them.

Metal isn't the most serious form of music. It delights in being silly, can be fun when its silly and looks pretty stupid when it's serious (chubby teenagers gurning to 'Nothing Else Matters' on a dance floor, no-marks with wiry goatees advertisng their signature BC Rich model in the backpages of Total Guitar, for example). Metal doesn't NEED Jack Black or Guitar Hero or Dethklok or Dragonforce to tell us it can both be fun and funny, and having the point driven home by some tit talking about the 'legions of metal' and widdling some nonsense on their fretboard is just irritating.

With bands like Dragonforce, I find it hard to see at what point they draw the line between being a serious band and having a laugh, as it all seems like one massive joke to me. Maybe that's the point and I've just missed it. Although I know too many people who hail them as one of the greatest bands of all time, those people can't take a big fat fuck to themselves.

Owl fucking City is Ken Bruce's album of the week. The first thing I register every morning is a different song from that bloody record oozing from my radio. Admittedly however, the seething rage is a decent waker upper. The bastard should manufacture alarm clocks.

Fucking hell, I never thought I'd be putting Ken Bruce on the list. He is getting his eyes spooned out with a screwdriver now.