aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Depressing bands are great. It gives you a good feel of real life. If you just listened to grown men wearing shorts and singing songs about girls forever, then you'd be led to believe that life is totally great, and it isn't. It's right shit.

I agree, but I'm not sure if bands like Snow Patrol are depressing, exactly. Simpering, maybe?

I agree, but I'm not sure if bands like Snow Patrol are depressing, exactly. Simpering, maybe?

Insipid. There's no greater crime in music.

I despise the song "Come on Eileen" but don't know enough to extend my hatred to Dexy's Midnight Runners. I'd be surprised if I could stand them.

Depressing bands are great. It gives you a good feel of real life. If you just listened to grown men wearing shorts and singing songs about girls forever, then you'd be led to believe that life is totally great, and it isn't. It's right shit.

An excellent post.

I'm off to listen to Low and tear-stain a photo of the woman that did me wrong.

No doubt most people will disagree with me but fuck it...

Guns n Roses. I fuckin hate Guns n Roses!! I just don't understand the big deal. Generic pop rock pish. And that's the original line-up! Don't get me started on the new breed of drivel.

Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor is a miserable cunt and the music is dull. Not a great combination.

Panic At The Disco, YouMeAtSix, My Chemical Romance, Head Automatica...do I really need to go on?

I like Guns 'n' Roses. Axl is a proper rock star, completely bat-shit mental with preposterous taste in clothes and ginger corn-row wigs that make him look like Mick Hucknall has had reconstructive surgery but then fallen asleep by a sun lamp.

You're unlikely to find a better description of Axl than that! Except you forgot to mention that he's gotten fat. Proper fat. It's all gone wrong for him.

You're unlikely to find a better description of Axl than that! Except you forgot to mention that he's gotten fat. Proper fat. It's all gone wrong for him.

The Mick Hucknall reference was intended to cover the fat aspect. The reconstructive surgery was included in fairness to Axl since unlike Hucknall he doesn't look like Sloth from The Goonies with a red dreadlock wig on.

The Temper Trap. Can't even cope with hearing them as the backing music to sport related montages and I love sport related montages.

Every band should consider if their song goes well with a sporting montage on a sports programme or a tearful revelation on a reality TV show. If the answer is in the affirmitive, they should realise on the spot that they have no business making music and just quit.

I'd fuck the tits offa Lily Allen

Hate 'Come On Eileen' with a passion too

she'd crit yer emission schedule, it would end badly. she has teeny tiny tits like rape fodder anyhow- I'd give it a miss...unless you are a well motivated Polish rapist with the words " she was alive and breathing when i left her" printed on a business card.

Daft Punk. Maybe not a band, I'm not sure of their live set up, but i really cannot stand Daft Punk. Most people I know love them but I just don't get it or something. I heard some live stuff from my flatmate, in an attempt to try and change my mind as it's "amazin'", but that made me hate them even more. They start with one song then go into another song then mix both the songs together. That is what they seem to do, just that. I hate the way they have a stupid, synthetically alterred voice that sings some nonsensicle garbage in exactly they same melody as they keys and guitar; which are often just one note. That song Robot Rock is really shit and every other song I can't remember the name of is equally shit.

I hate Daft Punk.