aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

Already been mentioned about 20 times, but Oasis are the biggest musical atrocity that has emerged since the dawn of the human race. Absolute fucking travesty of a band. I hate everything about this detestable mob of wankers, from their cunty attitudes to the fact that everyone in the world who doesn't have a fucking clue about rock and roll sees them as some kind of musical revelation. Turgid, dreadful shite that should never have got out of the Mancunian pubs that it emerged from.

Normally when I hear a band that I don't care for I just brush it aside and forget about them, but there's something about this band that just compels me to go and blow up a school or something. Maybe it's the way Noel plays the same boring scale for every solo he's ever written, maybe it's the fact that the Brothers Cunt are never out of the tabloids, maybe it's the fact that they swagger around the place like a bunch of pissed-up neddy arsewipes, maybe it's the fact Liam is hailed by many idiots as one of the best frontmen of all time but all he fucking does is stand there with a tambourine behind his back as he sings out of his nose. Regardless, I hate them.

I did a little jig of delight when Noel left. Delighted.

A friend of mine loves Oasis, so much so he created a facebook page for people to tell me how wrong I am in slagging them off... it's got fuck all members haha

The Kaiser Chiefs

Glasvegas

U2

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Oh, and Sergeant, purely because some mindless bum-monkey at NME had the audacity to declare them the 'most exciting band in Scotland.' Get out. At best,you could say they pen adequate but dated lad-rock. I say they pen a pile of baggy pish, with fake accents, stupid haircuts and truly woeful Oasis-esque posturing.

Oh, and not a band, but PITBULL. Currently in the charts with a song about a hotel orgy. Hateful little snivelling, chubby, goateed, chauvinistic fanny bojangles.

Claiming you're nostalgic aboust something that came out before you were born is ghey.

SNES was released in uk in april 1992. John W was born in on January the 7th 1992. As nitpicky as this is, he was in fact born before the SNES was released. Further, the N64 wasn't released til 97 so John would have had a wonderful 5 years of life to remember the snes being the leading console, from the nintendo line at least. It would also be naive to assume that no one played the SNES after the N64 was released as i still play a PS2 and original Xbox back in edinburgh as I'm too skint to afford a next gen and thus perfectly beleivable for john to have still had the SNES as his main console when he was 9 years old? I feel john has just as much right as anyone to be nostalgic about it as it was the first console he would remember playing.

• Upvote 1

SNES was released in uk in april 1992. John W was born in on January the 7th 1992. As nitpicky as this is, he was in fact born before the SNES was released. Further, the N64 wasn't released til 97 so John would have had a wonderful 5 years of life to remember the snes being the leading console, from the nintendo line at least. It would also be naive to assume that no one played the SNES after the N64 was released as i still play a PS2 and original Xbox back in edinburgh as I'm too skint to afford a next gen and thus perfectly beleivable for john to have still had the SNES as his main console when he was 9 years old? I feel john has just as much right as anyone to be nostalgic about it as it was the first console he would remember playing.

He lived in the sticks though, so he's probably playstation rich at least.

Further, the N64 wasn't released til 97 so John would have had a wonderful 5 years of life to remember the snes being the leading console, from the nintendo line at least.

And herein lies the key point. Playstation was released in 1995 and assumed SNES' crown as top console. N64 was gash, except Goldeneye.

The Kaiser Chiefs

Oh, and Sergeant, purely because some mindless bum-monkey at NME had the audacity to declare them the 'most exciting band in Scotland.' Get out. At best,you could say they pen adequate but dated lad-rock. I say they pen a pile of baggy pish, with fake accents, stupid haircuts and truly woeful Oasis-esque posturing.

Oh, and not a band, but PITBULL. Currently in the charts with a song about a hotel orgy. Hateful little snivelling, chubby, goateed, chauvinistic fanny bojangles.

To be honest i wouldnt say Sergeant are anything like Oasis/Lad Rock more like The La's. usualy a good live band and there album is pretty good and seems like its selling really well.

But i agree with you about PITBULL. i was on holiday at the end of august and there other song " i know you want me uno dos tres quatro " was playing in every bar or club you went into. Do people actually listen to this?

12 pages and no mention of THE (fucking) KILLERS!!!! tell me i'm wrong??!

these fucking cuntfucks make me want to reach into my own anal-pocket and pull out my insides.

funny thing is i wouldn't mind them as much if everyone didn't tell me how good they are... honestly didn't mind them when they first came out. Thought "ok, boring but harmless enough, they'll fuck off soon..." alas.

sweary! :swearing:

I despise the Smiths. Morrissey is a whining shite house with an AWFUL voice. And why do people try to explain to me that Johnny Marr is a brilliant guitarist? Have I heard the wrong tunes or is he actually just very mediocre?

Guns n Roses. Shit band with boring songs that all sound the same. Extremely overrated music.

:bat:

In the case of Johnny Marr, it's not like he's the best guitarist ever, its possibly that he's one of the most influential.

In the case of Johnny Marr, it's not like he's the best guitarist ever, its possibly that he's one of the most influential.

I think Johnny Marr's a brilliant guitarist. The guitar part of How Soon Is Now is infinitely more interesting and impressive to me than some widdly fast playing. I still wonder how he does it.

I think Johnny Marr's a brilliant guitarist. The guitar part of How Soon Is Now is infinitely more interesting and impressive to me than some widdly fast playing. I still wonder how he does it.

No, I agree, I do think he's a good duitarist, but the reason he's so regarded isnt because he's a great guitarist its because he was innovative and influential.

No, I agree, I do think he's a good duitarist, but the reason he's so regarded isnt because he's a great guitarist its because he was innovative and influential.

Well, I would say he IS a great guitarist BECAUSE he was so innovative. The guitar parts should serve the song and not vice versa, and Johnny Marr's part's always fitted perfectly.

For the polar opposite look at Jump by Van Halen. Great little synth led pop tune spoiled by a completely out of place and self-indulgent widdly guitar solo.

12 pages and no mention of THE (fucking) KILLERS!!!! tell me i'm wrong??!

these fucking cuntfucks make me want to reach into my own anal-pocket and pull out my insides.

funny thing is i wouldn't mind them as much if everyone didn't tell me how good they are... honestly didn't mind them when they first came out. Thought "ok, boring but harmless enough, they'll fuck off soon..." alas.

sweary! :swearing:

Forgot about those fuck-knuckles!

The most dreary feculence and stupid random lyrics that have no meaning in the slightest. They think they're dynamic musicians when they are just simply..... cunts.

The good thing about having so much shite out there is that it helps you find all the stuff thats proper bo.

Runrig, how could I forget them? Awful, awful band for misguided patriotism soundtracking purposes.

Good call on Simply Red as well.

I didn't mind Beautiful South initially but they got very tiresome. I used to work offshore with about 4 folk who all seemed to have the same stock CD's - M People, Beautiful South and Simply Red.

I used to get slagged off for playing Tom Waits (oh not the man needing a cough sweetie CD) and The Birthday party (what the fuck is that???)

I'm glad I don't work offshore no more...