aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

I played it when i was a tot, i don't think their is anything wrong with that. Your kids are going to get a hard time from you if your not going to let them appreciate anything from before they were born.

OK fine, I look forward to your wacky Student Grant style posts about how ace Spangles and Cremola Foam were in due course.

Guest Gladstone
Bloc Party.

Hard Fi.

Shed Seven.

Bay City Rollers.

Wham.

Muse.

Suede.

Rage Against The Machine.

REM

Kasier Chiefs.

I'll give you Hard Fi and Kaiser Chiefs, but Wham?

You really are a cunt aren't you?

I'm just not a fan of hip hop at all, I don't like jazz either. Let me rephrase then, all the "artists" claiming to be hip hop annoy the hell out of me and a song full of "oh baby's, yeah yeah" just sounds bloody stupid. All I remember from that La Roux incident is that she said something about those lyrics not being enough for a song, and ndubz got all offended.

I'm not getting into a debate about it, ndubz and similar artists or bands annoy the hell out of me. Let me be ignorant and hate them :p

I'm just not a fan of hip hop at all, I don't like jazz either. Let me rephrase then, all the "artists" claiming to be hip hop annoy the hell out of me and a song full of "oh baby's, yeah yeah" just sounds bloody stupid. All I remember from that La Roux incident is that she said something about those lyrics not being enough for a song, and ndubz got all offended.

I'm not getting into a debate about it, ndubz and similar artists or bands annoy the hell out of me. Let me be ignorant and hate them :p

I fucking hate N-Dubz too. Seen that little shit floating about the Trinty Centre a few weeks back, was dying to smack him.

Who makes good hip hop? Any artists you'd recommend?

I've refused to acknowledge the genre since Eminem popped on the scene and whined his way through the charts.

I'm maybe not the best person for this, but I'd recommend some Jay-Z, maybe 'The Blueprint' as a gateway, then it depends on whether you like the lyrical style. If you prefer simpler themes, and big beats, Cadence Weapon and Big Boi (of OutKast) fame are good, as are any of the Wu Tang Clan members, like Raekwon or GZA/Genius. If you prefer stuff about BITCHEZ and $$$$ I guess you'd be more inclined to enjoy Method Man, Snoop etc, but that's not really my area.

If you're into concept albums, try Deltron 3030. Difficult to get into at first, but amazing ideas, and it's complex without being pretentious. Recommended.

Am I the only person who thinks N-Dubz are the punchline to a long running Bill Drummond practical joke? I can't in all honesty believe they are "for real".

I mean, they have to be a joke, right?

Right?