aberdeen-music

*sigh*

Oedo 808

Robert Knight seems to be one of the people on here not here for a fight, and trying to express real opinions about different people's music/songs etc - then there's his exact opposite - Nefarious C who has a right go at him about it.

Thanks, to give Nefarious his due he did change his original post and apologised to me for the way he'd expressed his opinion.

Hmm. I think I'll just buy something I like. To say that we should all buy 'independent' music, purely because it's independent, is as bad as hoovering up pish from the charts. Just because music is 'independent'. doesn't mean it will 'enrich your soul.' It might be crap.

It would be as bad, but purely by the nature of independent music I don't think it's possible.

Anyway, I don't think you should buy something purely because it's independent, I just think if you're going to "buy into" music it should be on your own terms and not because of a direct reaction to mass media coverage and blanket marketing.