aberdeen-music

Rat Daddy/Radio Lucifer/King Liar... TONIGHT!

Jimmy Lucifer

some of these liberal bastards that post all this cocksure praise of KLATB would never do so if they new some of the political ideologies behind the band.

I only know one member, Soviet Druming System,and I can talk about him behind his back because he doesn't have computer access...

Back in '98 me and Soviet Drumming System stayed in the Kibbutz Lotan in the Arava Valley, Israel. It was an experience, but is was hard fucking work. We only got one day off, Thursdays, and we'd usually walk to the market on this day to buy peaches, figs or whatever. Soviet (not called soviet at the time) had started getting a bit buck wild cause of some friends he'd met at the market, and he'd take his, or indeed our, political beliefs back to the kibbutz each night and vocalize them. One day while we were eating with the Kibbutz family, he mentioned the 'occupation' and they went apeshit. Kicked us out. I was tired, no money so I caught the bus back to Tel Aviv, stayed for a couple of nights, then got new flights and went home.

The thing is, Soviet, who'd just finished his photography HNc, decided to go into Gaza to try to get some photos.... He didn't go home to Methlick for 4 months. and get this... when he returned for some strange reason he was no longer a liberal... HE WAS A ZIONIST.

True he's shaken much of these beliefs now, but such a trigger happy stride of the political spectrum can only be acheived by a lunatic.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
well' date=' it's obvious that there's some musical talent in there somewhere, and I know what G is capable of.[/quote']

That was one of the reasons i wanted to see them because i knew he was part of the band so therefore his riffs and guitar skills would definitely make them something to be heard.

I just found it, well, aurally unpleasant and the humour was simply unpalatable.

I remember seeing them play the Lemon Tree and standing there with Stu Maxwell and Del Franklin and all of us thinking that KTALB that night were fucking awful and without doubt one of the worst bands we'd seen.

They'd probably tell you they're a rock n roll band. They're not, they're just an amazingly inept skiffle band who substitute songwriting for self-indulgent humour while trying their damnedest to sound like The Ramones.

The lead singer guy, who looked like TinTin after a contact lense accident, came onstage wearing a cloak for some reason(i assume to satisfy his own humour) and started "singing" like he was bellowing into a bucket full of mud.

The rest of the band just arsed about and were all trying to shout over each other in between songs and during songs, it just sounded like some horrible mess...

Well, that was what i thought when i watched them. I am sure Maxwell and Del have their own opinions.

Sorry, maybe I'm just stupid...

Of course, cos having your own opinion makes you stupid.... :rolleyes:

No' date=' they exist, I am not going to start naming names though, because it just leads to the usual nonsense. In retrospect, should have just said nothing.

The basic premise comes when people are constantly being introduced by 'username' or alternatively when they ask you who you are they say 'no, I meant on the boards'.

[/quote']

I'm sure theres a lot of people who are just interested in meeting people that they're in reasonably regular contact with in some form or another. It's also a good way for some people who may feel otherwise awkward in social situations to initiate conversation.

Personally, I've met very few people on the boards and most of the people I know, I knew already from gigs and other such social situations, but to find out that someone I'm talking too is someone I may have conversed with on here interests me.

I do find it ridiculous that people are introduced by their username etc because it does kind of remove the person from their internet persona, but if it comes up in conversation i don't see anything wrong with that.

Just because I tend to attend very few gigs and I don't personally meet many people from the boards, doesn't mean there's not a lot of people who don't have very wide social groups or a lot of friends who have met people from here who have become very close friends, if I'm at a gig (which is reasonably rare), I like meeting new people and having conversations. Although the idea of "the scene" repulses me, I don't think there's anything wrong with being sociable and I don't think that everyone who converses with people from the boards are looking for "scene points".

I remember seeing them play the Lemon Tree and standing there with Stu Maxwell and Del Franklin and all of us thinking that KTALB that night were fucking awful and without doubt one of the worst bands we'd seen.

rolleyes:

I recall that gig well... I remember you repeating the same statement about Cayto a mere 17 times... just to make sure everyone heard the all high and mighty opinions of Zombie Bum.

Correct me if I'm wrong... as I so often am in your humble opinion' date=' Mr Rennie... but judging a bands performance on [u']one gig over 5 months ago seems a little ignorant, is it not?

For the record, I was at said gig (Lemon Tree) prior to my knowing any band members what so ever... and thought it was highly amusing and enjoyable set. I believe my associate of the evening's (our drummer) feelings are the same as mine. So despite the feelings of your good ol' pal, Del and Mr Maxwell... not everyone hated it/thought they sucked.

Was that the same gig as the Cuts played? If so' date=' I also enjoyed the Brutes that night......they were entertaining, as they always are.[/quote']

Indeed, Valentine's day... I caught the King Lover hat... it made my lonely night... somewhat special *wipes tear from eye*

Indeed' date=' Valentine's day... I caught the King Lover hat... it made my lonely night... somewhat special *wipes tear from eye*[/quote']

God....all these diseases at local gigs........half the Charlatan's audience caught something from Driveblind, and you caught the King Lover Hat.......no wonder it brought tears to your eye.....you'll have to apply the ointment carefully to the infected area!

God....all these diseases at local gigs........half the Charlatan's audience caught something from Driveblind' date=' and you caught the King Lover Hat.......no wonder it brought tears to your eye.....you'll have to apply the ointment carefully to the infected area![/quote']

I think it was a bit of glitter... the hat was cheap... and from a toyshop. ;(

No entry fee (which is weird because the main act' date=' Amy Rigby, is a pretty big name stateside). When are KLATB on, as the Boar night is supposed to finish c 10.30? (KCs on at 8).[/quote']

I shall get back to you... via PM or perhaps in person on the night...

I don't think even KLATB's know when they're on yet.... :help:

PS: Project S.A.M eats smelly fish. Fact.

I recall that gig well... I remember you repeating the same statement about Cayto a mere 17 times... just to make sure everyone heard the all high and mighty opinions of Zombie Bum.

Glad to see you value my high and mighty opinion so much that you decided to count how many times you listened to it and took interest in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong... as I so often am in your humble opinion' date=' Mr Rennie... but judging a bands performance on [u']one gig over 5 months ago seems a little ignorant, is it not?

No it doesn't, i was commenting on what they were like at that gig so therefore its not ignorant but since my opinion seems to offend you so much that you cared to comment on it, i will now and forever never have an opinion on any band i have seen in my entire life.

Even that David Bowie gig i went to about eight years ago...i won't say that i thought it was dull...just in case i offend or upset any David Bowie fans...or David Bowie himself.

For the record, I was at said gig (Lemon Tree) prior to my knowing any band members what so ever... and thought it was highly amusing and enjoyable set. I believe my associate of the evening's (our drummer) feelings are the same as mine. So despite the feelings of your good ol' pal, Del and Mr Maxwell... not everyone hated it/thought they sucked.

Not everyone hated David Bowie at that gig i mentioned above but i don't see any reasons why i shouldn't comment on how bad it was...even though i did use my own money to pay for the ticket, i never realised when i purchased that said ticket that restricted me from ever having an opinion on that gig.

But there you go folks, i am no longer allowed to have an opinion of my own that conflicts with another person's enjoyment of a gig.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a messageboard doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Glad to see you value my high and mighty opinion so much that you decided to count how many times you listened to it and took interest in it.

I couldn't avoid it' date=' you were standing right behind me and it was bloody irritating, and needless.

No it doesn't, i was commenting on what they were like at that gig so therefore its not ignorant but since my opinion seems to offend you so much that you cared to comment on it, i will now and forever never have an opinion on any band i have seen in my entire life.

I was merely saying that because you seem to be on a thread about the gig last week, which to my recollection... you didn't attend... and your point seems... pointless... and doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion on this thread (which was about last weeks gig... not the one on Valentine's day).

But afterall.... "it's only a messageboard" :rolleyes: no need to get worked up about it.

PS: Dance, magic, dance.

Guest Sundaram
...The basic premise comes when people are constantly being introduced by 'username' or alternatively when they ask you who you are they say 'no' date=' I meant on the boards'.

[/quote']

I hate that as well, really hate that. :moody:

"I am not a user name, I am a free man!".

I couldn't avoid it' date=' you were standing right behind me and it was bloody irritating, and needless.[/quote']

You were standing in front of me bloody irritatingly and needlessly listening, i couldn't avoid you standing in front of me eavesdropping! :laughing:

I was merely saying that because you seem to be on a thread about the gig last week, which to my recollection... you didn't attend... and your point seems... pointless... and doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion on this thread (which was about last weeks gig... not the one on Valentine's day).

I never went to Woodstock either, i guess that means that anything i say about that is also equally as pointless...

But afterall.... "it's only a messageboard" :rolleyes: no need to get worked up about it.

Hmmmmmm....i posted my opinion, you got worked up about my "high and mighty opinions" and replied to my post about that gig....

If my "high and mighty" comments bother you so much, you do have the option of actually putting me on an ignore list and not having to read any of my "high and mighty" comments ever again...even if you do consider anything i say to be needless and annoying.

Thanks once again for your highly mighty opinion :up:

Hmmmmmm....i posted my opinion' date=' you got worked up about my "high and mighty opinions" and replied to my post about that gig....

If my "high and mighty" comments bother you so much, you do have the option of actually putting me on an ignore list and not having to read any of my "high and mighty" comments ever again...even if you do consider anything i say to be needless and annoying.

Thanks once again for your highly mighty opinion :up:[/quote']

I wouldn't say I got, "worked up" I just found it irritating that you were making irrelivant comments...

I wouldn't say I got' date=' "worked up" I just found it irritating that you were making irrelivant comments...[/quote']

They're not irrelevant comments...last time i checked this was a forum for music discussion.

I am discussing music and making comments about music.

End...of....discussion.

They're not irrelevant comments...last time i checked this was a forum for music discussion.

I am discussing music and making comments about music.

End...of....discussion.

Valid enough...

But the same could be said of someone going straight into a thread about say, Fugazi... then start talking about their favourite Metallica album.

Music discussion? yes.

Relative? No.

Valid enough...

But the same could be said of someone going straight into a thread about say' date=' Fugazi... then start talking about their favourite Metallica album.

Music discussion? yes.

Relative? No.[/quote']

But you aren't an authority to go restricting what people want to talk about on these boards on which thread or related forum they wish to post on so therefore your whole entire argument against whats relevant and what isn't is null and void.

Its an open forum to discuss music so therefore there are no boundaries or restrictions.