aberdeen-music

Rat Daddy/Radio Lucifer/King Liar... TONIGHT!

Jimmy Lucifer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

Don't worry Zombie

we clearly just don't 'get' this higher plateau of humour which KLATB have attained.

One day we might get the joke, and without the need to bang one of the band members as well maybe...

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
Don't worry Zombie

we clearly just don't 'get' this higher plateau of humour which KLATB have attained.

One day we might get the joke' date=' and without the need to bang one of the band members as well maybe...[/quote']

I doubt it, if we don't get the joke, its probably because we're neither relative or relevant.

Tell me something Hobbes, i ain't seen KTALB for five months...have they got a punchline for the joke yet?...and if so, is it relative or relevant?

;)

I reckon Coldplay are a shit band, i ain't heard anything from them in well over six months now...is it relative or relevant to talk about how shit they are?...i don't know, do you?....i won't answer cos i am treading on fucking egg shells and thin ice here, and what may i ask is relative or relevant about egg shells being on thin ice in the first place???....were they laid by an ice-skating duck? do ducks like Coldplay? do Coldplay like eggs and ice skating?

Until we know the answers to all those fundamental questions...we will never know if any of them are either A) relative or B) relevant or C) i relatively and relevantly don't know

Dammit, see what i did there?. I spoke about a dull indie band and ice-skating waterfowl on a thread about pub rock bands....

I better send a PM to Neil Johnson about this thread, its gone off topic and become Wasteland fodder!

Questions for King Liar and his Brut aftershave mob, so we can all save this thread...

1) What is punk?

2) Whats your favourite Iron Maiden B-side?

3) What song are you listening to right now?

4) Would you talk about Metallica on a thread about Fugazi?

What ever happened to The Kill Me Club' date=' Munch? Or are you merely fulfilling that old cliche of the harshest critics being failed rock stars.....[/quote']

Nothing happened to it. Everyone who was originally involved in it, including myself, are either too busy working at their jobs or are too busy at uni to be starting bands and spending time making music...

I don't think starting up pub rock bands is more important than someone working over 50 hours a week to pay for their car payments or the rent on their flats or someone spending most of their waking hours studying for the last year of their uni degree and working on their final year dissertations...call me old fashioned if you will.

Myself, Del and Stripey have been talking about working on something recently though but it has nothing to do with rock n roll music. Until we all get more time on our hands to spend a few hours a day messing about with keyboards and samplers, it won't be happening anytime soon.

But thanks for the concern, tis appreciated mate :up:

Besides, riddle me this - how can i be a "failed rockstar" when i have never attempted to be a successful rockstar?

*strokes chinbeard and looks puzzled*

i reckon munch and burnham have a 'burning love' as elvis once said.

I ain't no pyromaniac.

I don't know how highly mightily Sharon thinks of arson and fire-raising either.

Guest stuartmaxwell

ha ha

i remember that gig on valentines day

klatb were fucking awful that night, utter drivel, cheapo student humour, and i still stand testament to that, 5 months ago or not,

I don't think starting up pub rock bands is more important than someone working over 50 hours a week to pay for their car payments or the rent on their flats or someone spending most of their waking hours studying for the last year of their uni degree and working on their final year dissertations...call me old fashioned if you will.

Poof. Food and shelter is for wusses. If you really loved music' date=' you'd eat rocks and bathe in bleach.

Besides, riddle me this - how can i be a "failed rockstar" when i have never attempted to be a successful rockstar?

*strokes chinbeard and looks puzzled*

Fair enough. Thought KLATB would be up your (back) alley, and was surprised by the OTT criticism. But hey. What do you think of the new Icarus Line album? Unlistenable pish, in my opinion.....

Poof. Food and shelter is for wusses. If you really loved music' date=' you'd eat rocks and bathe in bleach. [/quote']

Fuckin' right. That's what I do. Or at least a close approximation, like living in Tillydrone ;)

Fair enough. Thought KLATB would be up your (back) alley, and was surprised by the OTT criticism. But hey. What do you think of the new Icarus Line album? Unlistenable pish, in my opinion.....

Really - I've only heard the single - if I sling you a blank CDR can I have a copy before yer offski?

One day we might get the joke' date=' and without the need to bang one of the band members as well maybe...[/quote']

What's with the switch from mild-mannered and apologetic criticism to cheap and snide remarks?

Anyway, referring back a bit in this thread, Thoth's worry about people we could never respect coming to like us seems to be unfounded... you can rest easy in whatever satanic cess-pool you sleep in.

Questions for King Liar and his Brut aftershave mob' date=' so we can all save this thread...

1) What is punk?

2) Whats your favourite Iron Maiden B-side?

3) What song are you listening to right now?

4) Would you talk about Metallica on a thread about Fugazi?

[/quote']

You need to work on the name alteration, there- that one's a bit obvious and weak.

But anyway, some good questions.

1) I don't know what a punk is, but I might have met one. He was old and lacking in self-awareness. He shouted and pointed a lot and had a smell of sick on his breath. He had never heard of The Monks.

2) My favourite Iron Maiden B-side would be Shut Up by The Monks, if Iron Maiden had ever covered it and made it a B-side.

3) I'm not listening to any song, but I'd like to be listening to The Monks playing any of their songs to me live and alive.

4) I was once at a Fugazi gig, and it was so dull I would have preferred to be at a Metallica gig, if that's any help. But even better would have been if The Monks had come on stage instead of Fugazi. Holy shit, I will get my wish as I am going to Spain in November to see The Monks. You probably aren't. The only way you could better it would be if you went to the one other gig they will play before they die, which is in Las Vegas, at a festival that possibly involves Hasil Adkins. But you probably aren't doing that either.

I should probably be talking about the Icarus Line instead, but I've never heard them and I don't want to when I could be listening to The Monks instead.

Also, I would never claim or want to claim to be in a rock 'n' roll band. And I like skiffle (not as much as our drummer, though). Also, I don't understand what a contact lense accident would be- do you just mean that tintin lost his contact lenses and had to wear glasses instead? It just seems a bit loose and contrived, that's all. I'd chuck in a cheap shot about your appearance back, but I've no idea what you look like. So I'll imagine you have really big man breasts, and tiny eyes...

Actually, no, I have better things to do than insult deformed strangers on the internet. Like go to Spain and see The Monks.

Poof. Food and shelter is for wusses. If you really loved music' date=' you'd eat rocks and bathe in bleach. [/quote']

I shall eat some rocks bathed in bleach, and just for a treat, i shall drink a hill covered in Ronseal quick drying wood treatment.

Fair enough. Thought KLATB would be up your (back) alley, and was surprised by the OTT criticism.

Whats so OTT about my criticism?. I could've said worse. The obvious fact that i ain't intent on kissing them up the back alley has obviously made you think that giving them anything other than adulation must be wholly reprehensible.

But hey. What do you think of the new Icarus Line album? Unlistenable pish, in my opinion.....

Its a fucking great album.

I wouldn't say its shit just in case they get upset and throw Domestos bottles full of granite at my door.

so' date=' I would never claim or want to claim to be in a rock 'n' roll band. And I like skiffle (not as much as our drummer, though). Also, I don't understand what a contact lense accident would be- do you just mean that tintin lost his contact lenses and had to wear glasses instead?[/quote']

No, he had to wear golden shoes on his face, with golden shoes on his face...his face could go anywhere...

It just seems a bit loose and contrived, that's all. I'd chuck in a cheap shot about your appearance back, but I've no idea what you look like. So I'll imagine you have really big man breasts, and tiny eyes...

I have eyes that look like big man breasts, you were close but no cherooooot.

Why would you trek all the way to Spain to see some tragic Jilted John-esque pub rock act from the late 1970s that consisted of a bunch of fat old men trying to look like punk rockers anyway?

I presume we're talking about the same band from the late 1970s who released "I Ain't Gettin Any" and "Nice Legs, Shame About The Face" yesssssssss????

Actually, no, I have better things to do than insult deformed strangers on the internet. Like go to Spain and see The Monks.

Have a nice trip, i hope The Monks' eyes and big man breasts are more to your taste than mine are.

Yours sincerely,

a deformed man with big man breasty eyes.

P.S who is Christopher Rennie anyway????, he's seemed to have quoted me word-for-word and has a name almost similar to my own....did you quote him because his breasts are better than mine?

I think i will send a complaint to Neil about this Christopher Rennie person who is purporting to be me cos as far as i am concerned, imitation is the sincerest form of being an unoriginal thieving bastard.

Actually, I think the Monks Sam mentions are the mid-60s ones who recorded the fantastic "Black Monk Time", rather than the "Nice legs" guys. You maybe knew that already, and it was a joke, in which case .....sorry, it's still a bit too early for me!

Kitchen Cynics.............................................................Blast off!.......................

Why would you trek all the way to Spain to see some tragic Jilted John-esque pub rock act from the late 1970s that consisted of a bunch of fat old men trying to look like punk rockers anyway?

I presume we're talking about the same band from the late 1970s who released "I Ain't Gettin Any" and "Nice Legs' date=' Shame About The Face" yesssssssss????

[/quote']

germany.jpg

The (real) Monks look on at this man's error, some feeling sick, some amused.

X-(

Even if I do go to Spain and find out that it's all been a swizz and it's really just these 70s monks instead, at least I'll also get to see The Music Machine. Unless by 'music machine' they just mean an ordinary hifi system.

germany.jpg

The (real) Monks look on at this man's error' date=' some feeling sick, some amused.

X-( [/quote']

Damn, this has to stop happening, i remember someone in my college class with mentioning to me that they saw a band in 1992 called Nirvana, i said "where did you go to see them? Glasgow?, Nirvana and Kurt Cobain don't sound like your kinda thing" and he said "no, i didn't go to see that fucking depressing band from America, it was the band Nirvana from England who do psychedelic music, they were called Nirvana long before Kurt Cobain called his band Nirvana and they played a gig in Elgin"

It was my fault, the guy who mentioned the (real) Nirvana, and not that fraudulent Seattle-based grunge band whose singer ventilated his cranium with a shotgun and redecorated his wallpaper with his own brain matter and skull, did have long hair and a beard and wore grungey clothes...except he was more of a hippy and was about 38 years old and his favourite band was Jefferson Airplane so i guess it was my fault that i had mortally offended him with my ignorance that there was more than one band called Nirvana although i thought this Nirvana he was talking about sounded as equally as " fucking depressing" as Kurt Cobain's band when he said they played "psychedelic music".

But its King Liar's fault that i mistook The Monks you like for the novelty rock n roll band from England whose songs were all full of pisspoor humour and interminably unfunny in-jokes ;)

Even if I do go to Spain and find out that it's all been a swizz and it's really just these 70s monks instead, at least I'll also get to see The Music Machine. Unless by 'music machine' they just mean an ordinary hifi system.

Well, like i said, have a nice trip.

If it does indeed turn out to The (not real) Monks and not that band from America who sound like The Sonics, i am sure you will appreciate their novelty value.

:up:

Guest tv tanned
What's with the switch from mild-mannered and apologetic criticism to cheap and snide remarks?

Anyway' date=' referring back a bit in this thread, Thoth's worry about people we could never respect coming to like us seems to be unfounded... you can rest easy in whatever satanic cess-pool you sleep in.[/quote']

There was a reason behind the remark, and I would rather just leave it as that.

Not targetted at band members, given that I know none of them.

Guest tv tanned
I doubt it' date=' if we don't get the joke, its probably because we're neither relative or relevant.

Tell me something Hobbes, i ain't seen KTALB for five months...have they got a punchline for the joke yet?...and if so, is it relative or relevant?

;)[/quote']

I don;t have any relatives in the band...

Well, none that I know of...

If it does indeed turn out to The (not real) Monks and not that band from America who sound like The Sonics' date=' i am sure you will appreciate their novelty value.

:up:[/quote']

Good save. After all, the Sonics and the Monks both come under the broad label of 60s garage, and so must sound the same, right?