aberdeen-music

Rat Daddy/Radio Lucifer/King Liar... TONIGHT!

Jimmy Lucifer

when is the next Radio Lucifer show?

also when will King Liar and his Brutish posse be entertaining our ears next?

KLATB are playing next Friday at Drummonds I believe, we're playing again on the 24th July as pert of the Fudge b'day celebrations, with the mighty BROKEN OATH and equally proud and true SMALL ENCLOSED AREA.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KLATB = Final blast of band whorage.... tut tut.

But yes, the gig.... I was rather late to arrive. So can only comment on Rat Daddy and KLATB's.

Rat Daddy = I dunno... not really my thing, they were enjoyable to a level, and I dug the guy's 'Huey Lewis and the news' tshirt... that's all I may pass comment on.

KLATB's = Always wonderful. Simple. Sloth will fuck you up the ass.

All the hip kids were there.... hippadee hip hip.

Mr Lucifer is right, KLATB are playing Drummonds next Friday. The Glasgow Soundscape Conglomerate are arranging it, the final line-up is not yet confirmed. We will generate a new thread about this when we know more.

Hugh can't play drums until Oggy gives him his sticks back, and Oggy won't do that until Hugh gives him his drums back. It is a cruel loop, and only drummers are allowed to get involved. KLATB and Radio Lucifer only have one drummer each, so no-one can help them. Good luck guys.

Hugh can't play drums until Oggy gives him his sticks back' date=' and Oggy won't do that until Hugh gives him his drums back. It is a cruel loop, and only drummers are allowed to get involved. KLATB and Radio Lucifer only have one drummer each, so no-one can help them. Good luck guys.[/quote']

I believe I could mediate in a fully trained percussion diplomatic role. I've dealt with drummers before, I once claimed to be one, and I know how they work. It's gonna cost a fucking fortune though.

I thought the Lucifers were stunning, particularly that Oggy one. Good Lord, I need to practice.

Rat Daddy were, I dunno, just not quite there for me somehow. Meh.

King Liar utterly confuse me. First time I saw them I really didn't like them tbh, but every time I've seen them since I've had a fucking ball, despite myself. I suspect that might be the way they work.

It really was a special night for special people.

I managed to miss Radio Lucifer by mere minutes which was deeply irritating.

Rat Daddy were storming as always, Rock and Roll as it's supposed to be played (with lots of leather and pelvic thrusting), one of the most friendly bands I've had the priveledge of meeting aswell, lovely gents.

King Liar and the Brutes were, as alway, a true experience.

It was a lovely night all and all, I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Frosty Jack and driving to Mel's flat wedged between 2 sweaty Rat Daddy members eating various kebab shop wares.

Uh? Were we formally introduced? My recollections are somewhat hazy' date=' I'm afraid, sorry. And I can't believe it was a pleasure for you, or anyone else tbh...[/quote']

I was informed afterwards it was you, I was the younger chap of the group, wearing a suit, black hair, we did shake hands at one point, you did seem to have a foaming ale or two in you though.

I' date=' on the other hand, stayed fairly low key for the evening. People steered clear of me, I din't bother them. It was cool 8)[/quote']

A lot of my favorite posters were there, but I'd feel like a pleb going "OMG ! R U (POSTER X)!!! TEH LOLLERZ!" So.... I stood like a pleb for half an hour because the friend I was supposed to be going with was half an hour late....

Guest tv tanned

I just stayed within my litle group. Recognised nobody I didn't already know.

Wasn't really there for the scene points though, (I can't abide the whole 'look at me, I'm on the boards and I'm making a show of myself' attitude that some folk have) there was rock to be had...

Guest tv tanned

no no no i agree entirely.

I just can't be done with people who seem to demand recognition because they're on a messageboard, I mean puhlease...

It was an aside, a diversion, a cunning stunt if you will

Guest tv tanned
KLATB are slowly creeping into the hearts of all those they should hate. Aren't any of the band starting to feel sick?

Are these people fucking real? cause they sound like they are cartoons.

I think they are cartoons.

We all found them to resemble little more than a tiresome in-joke. Nothing more.

And when I say we all, I mean my fiancee, myself, my mate and his fiancee, so not really a broad spectrum of opinion...

ho and hum

Guest tv tanned
Who are these people? Have you just imagined a phenomenon and then gotten annoyed about it?

No' date=' they exist, I am not going to start naming names though, because it just leads to the usual nonsense. In retrospect, should have just said nothing.

The basic premise comes when people are constantly being introduced by 'username' or alternatively when they ask you who you are they say 'no, I meant on the boards'.

Also, (and this is just a question) why do you keep changing your identity?

Low attention span.

I quite like this one though, perhaps I will keep it.

We all found them to resemble little more than a tiresome in-joke. Nothing more.

Aagh! You've confused me. A little more is more than nothing more! Which is it? I don't know which I'd prefer- a little more than a tiresome in-joke is quantitatively better than a tiresome in-joke all by itself and nothing extra, but then there's nothing like being damned with faint praise...

Guest tv tanned

well, it's obvious that there's some musical talent in there somewhere, and I know what G is capable of.

I just found it, well, aurally unpleasant and the humour was simply unpalatable.

Sorry, maybe I'm just stupid...