aberdeen-music

Sandi's got "da blues".

Bigsby

Jill Jackson. Did end up shagging Alex Parks. Last I heard from her she'd gone all Americana. Apparently the metal thing wasn't "really her" she's ALWAYS wanted to do acoustic guitar and harmonica stuff. Aye, just like Sharleen Spiteri had ALWAYS WANTED to do some 60s style girl-group stuff, conicidentally at the same time as Amy Winehouse had just made it huge.

She lists her influences as "Dolly Parton, Joni Mitchell, Shelby Lynne, Shawn Colvin, Rolling Stones, Emmylou Harris and Mary Chapin Carpenter."

Aye right. I bet 6 years ago she listed her influences as "Kathleen Hanna, Courtney Love, Jennifer Finch, Kurt Cobain". She can fuck off. Stupid lesbian.

Actually reading about them on Wiki they aren't as "rraaaawk!" as I remembered.

Speedway were a Scottish pop rock group, who were formed in 2001, by Glaswegians Jill Jackson (lead vocals) and Jim Duguid (drums). The band acquired two more members in that same year, in the shape of bassist Tom Swann from Edinburgh and guitarist Dan Sells, now lead singer of The Feeling (later replaced by Chris Leonard), and signed with Innocent Records in 2002.

The band supported then labelmates Blue on their UK tour in early 2003, played a number of university gigs, and played to over 25,000 people in September 2003 at the KC Stadium in Hull as part of a charity event made by the local radio station, Viking FM. They were noted for playing one song in particular - the Christina Aguilera hit "Genie in a Bottle", and as a result, it became their first single as a double A-side, with another song, "Save Yourself" and reached #10 in the UK Singles Chart.[1]

Their second single, "Can't Turn Back" reached #12 in February 2004. Their third single, "In & Out", hit #33 in June, and their album, Save Yourself was released just after "Can't Turn Back" came out. It did not fare well in the UK Albums Chart. Speedway thus left Innocent Records after their first UK tour, and later split up, later reforming briefly to support Bryan Adams on his 10 date UK tour later that year.

Jackson later toured the material for an acoustic solo album in support of Nashville, Tennessee artist, Kevin Montgomery, formed a duo with the Irish singer-songwriter Gianna Cassidy called Jackson and Cassidy, and released her first solo album in 2006. Jackson is currently working with her own band, members include Alan Frew (guitar) Carl Taylor (drums) and Lorna Thomas (bass).

Duguid was until recently drumming and writing for the Scottish singer-songwriter Paolo Nutini (who supported Speedway at some of their later gigs in 2004) and can be seen in the videos to Nutini's singles.

Ooh Bikini Kill just came on on my iPod. That was a nice coincidence.

Have you read her latest? It's hilarious.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1516696

Its becoming clear to me government these days is nothing more than a convenient tool of the new global super-elite
I would do away with the party system entirely and install a government of qualified, hard-working, intelligent, decent folk to run our affairs. But in order for that to happen and for them to be of the right stuff, wed need a revolution first

Scary. Oligarchy ftw!