aberdeen-music

BEST VENUE 2010 - The Fudge Awards

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards are an annual celebration of the bestest of the bestest of the bestest local bands that Aberdeen has to offer. We'll be dishing out our high-quality prizes during the awards ceremony, and even inviting the winning acts to come up onstage and make speeches. It all happens at The Moorings Bar on Saturday 6th February. As well as the actual awards ceremony, we'll have three bands playing too. Nice.

We'll be donating all money raised on the door to our charity attempt to drive a shitty little car to Ulaanbataar in the Mongol Rally 2010 (http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/fudgenet/58268-mongol-rally-2010-teamfudge.html). Entry is likely to be a fiver.

Right: let's get down to business...

THE FUDGE AWARDS - BEST VENUE 2010

As well as this online poll, you can also vote in person at the Moorings on Saturday nights up until the awards: you'll get a paper voting slip as you come in the door. All of these votes will be totalled to arrive at our worthy champions. Hurrah!

The Nominees:

CAFE DRUMMOND

KOROVA

MOORINGS BAR

SNAFU

TUNNELS

WAREHOUSE

Fudge voting slips are handed out at fudge gigs. Which are in the moorings. And they're handed out after 8pm. By this time, Hooker John and Calder have run ouf of crosswords and need soemthing to write on. They're not the type of people that go to many venues. Hence why The Moorings is going to win.

That and the fact that it's ace.

I amuses me greatly that Korova has 0% of the vote. In fact (twisting the statistics in a tabloid stylee) more people have said that given the option they'd rather stay at home than go to Korova. I'd like to be part of that group. Personally I'd rather go to a concentration camp in the 1940s than go to Korova.

I just despise virtually everything about it, it sucks balls entirely (though admittedly I haven't been to the Friday night thing in the bottom floor, though if Saturday night in the middle floor is anything to go by, it's going to suck balls).

I believe they are quite different although I've never been downstairs either. Paul e2v lives there at the weekends so it can't be that bad......or perhaps it is. Who knows what the kids are into these days :laughing:

Personally I'd rather go to a concentration camp in the 1940s than go to Korova.

If Rod Serling, smoking a cigarette, saunters out from stage left, appears to squint into a camera then utters line immortal line:

"Picture a man who would rather be sent to a 1940s concentration camp that mix with other people in a night club."

Then you are so so so in deep shit my friend!

Noo nee noo noo, Noo nee noo noo.

"You're travelling through another dimension. A dimension, not only of sign and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Next stop, The Twilight Zone."