aberdeen-music

Bass player moving to Aberdeen

Nickthebass

My name's Nick, I'm a bass player currently living in London but it looks like I'm going to be moving to Aberdeen in a couple of months.

Given the move I'm going to be looking for a new band and generally interesting musical things to do and so I should tell you all a bit about me.

I've gone through phases of playing alot of blues, I was in a big band for a couple of years at university and I was even in a Kylie tribute act for a while. More recently I was in a live drum'n'bass band (keiretsu on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) and been doing a muso-pop studio project (Beamer Grande on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads), I've even done a couple of musicals in the past.

My big influences are James Jamerson, Jack Bruce, Aston Barrat and Pino Palladino. Listening-wise I'm listening to a lot of folk and metal at the minute (Seth Lakeman, Slipknot and Alice In Chains) but I'd have to take Marvin Gaye and the Four Tops if I was going to a desesrt island.

I'd be interested in originals or covers, the most important thing is having fun and playing with some good musicians. If you're in the market for a bass player let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there mate,

I was just posting up a new thread that i was looking for a bass player and i just seen this post, coinicidence i think not :gringo: lol Yeah im just at the moment trying to find a bass player and a vocalist, I just want to ask one question can you write bass melodies man?

Cheers,

Jordan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...