aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
RossP

Xmas social?

Just picked up the 'North Sea Ale' newsletter while in POW for lunch with the folks...

I noticed there is a listing in the events section saying there's a Xmas social in the Moorings on Sat 19th Dec at 5pm. What exactly does that entail? Tasting sessions? Reduced prices? Or just a bunch of old men in beards, wearing CAMRA t-shirts meeting up?

It's the first day of my 2week holiday, so quite fancy a few early evening drinks :up:

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

We should go down, turn it into the aberdeen music Christmas party. Get Bri to spin some Slade and Wizard and get Flash in a knitted reindeer jumper.

Just picked up the 'North Sea Ale' newsletter while in POW for lunch with the folks...

I noticed there is a listing in the events section saying there's a Xmas social in the Moorings on Sat 19th Dec at 5pm. What exactly does that entail? Tasting sessions? Reduced prices? Or just a bunch of old men in beards, wearing CAMRA t-shirts meeting up?

It's the first day of my 2week holiday, so quite fancy a few early evening drinks :up:

Old men in beards. It's their Christmas get together. But... if you do go down them I'm pretty sure that they will welcome you with open arms and ply you with beer.

But... if you do go down them I'm pretty sure that they will welcome you with open arms and ply you with beer.

Erm, you do realise the Lorelei are playing that night? This could get messy. Bearded old man carnage...

Erm, you do realise the Lorelei are playing that night? This could get messy. Bearded old man carnage...
It's also Angie's husband Charlie's birthday night out. Fully automatic neighbourhood drive-by carnage. Stealth ninja tactics abandoned in favour of going loud and dynamite explosions. OOOOOOOH YES.

It's also the night after 'Feale Friday': the streets shall be paved with vomit and the gutters shall overflow with the blood and piss of a 50,000 white collar office workers.

Best wear your wellies then...

It's also the night after 'Feale Friday': the streets shall be paved with vomit and the gutters shall overflow with the blood and piss of a 50,000 white collar office workers.

Best wear your wellies then...

I absolutely loathe 'Feale Friday' but i'll be out and about in town for it :down:

I think the work meal is in the Carmelite, so will try and escape to the Moorings after it; in order to avoid the usual Union St carnage.

I'd never heard the expression 'feale Friday' before this thread! What a sheltered life, etc.....

I'm off for three weeks as of Friday, and I haven't been in the Moorings for over a month. I cannot wait.

Your avatar gives me nightmares Scorge...

Haven't actually got anything to say, just going to quote every post you make* now so you can suffer.

Haha!

* - probably not

It's weird. I mean we get 40,000 talented hard working bi-lingual people, many of them highly educated. Plus a handful of lap dancers and cage fighters... and in return Poland gets Cloud.

I'd close my borders if I were them.

Actually, it would solve a lot of problems round here if the Poles just cut his fingers off. At least until he learns to type with a pencil between his teeth.

Incidentally, I have a question about Krakow. Any ideas?

I was in Poznan earlier this year...I know it's nowhere really close by but I think of all members on this site I'm probably best placed to answer any Poland-based questions.

Seriously can't think of anyone else that would be of any help... ?(