aberdeen-music

Xmas social?

RossP

Just picked up the 'North Sea Ale' newsletter while in POW for lunch with the folks...

I noticed there is a listing in the events section saying there's a Xmas social in the Moorings on Sat 19th Dec at 5pm. What exactly does that entail? Tasting sessions? Reduced prices? Or just a bunch of old men in beards, wearing CAMRA t-shirts meeting up?

It's the first day of my 2week holiday, so quite fancy a few early evening drinks :up:

Just picked up the 'North Sea Ale' newsletter while in POW for lunch with the folks...

I noticed there is a listing in the events section saying there's a Xmas social in the Moorings on Sat 19th Dec at 5pm. What exactly does that entail? Tasting sessions? Reduced prices? Or just a bunch of old men in beards, wearing CAMRA t-shirts meeting up?

It's the first day of my 2week holiday, so quite fancy a few early evening drinks :up:

Old men in beards. It's their Christmas get together. But... if you do go down them I'm pretty sure that they will welcome you with open arms and ply you with beer.

Erm, you do realise the Lorelei are playing that night? This could get messy. Bearded old man carnage...
It's also Angie's husband Charlie's birthday night out. Fully automatic neighbourhood drive-by carnage. Stealth ninja tactics abandoned in favour of going loud and dynamite explosions. OOOOOOOH YES.

It's also the night after 'Feale Friday': the streets shall be paved with vomit and the gutters shall overflow with the blood and piss of a 50,000 white collar office workers.

Best wear your wellies then...

I absolutely loathe 'Feale Friday' but i'll be out and about in town for it :down:

I think the work meal is in the Carmelite, so will try and escape to the Moorings after it; in order to avoid the usual Union St carnage.