aberdeen-music

Best Gig of 2009

paranoid

Jumping on the "best of 2009" bandwagon, which gig blew you away this year.

Best for me was Down at the QMU 12 June, the Friday night of the Download Festival weekend. Fucking cracking gig, the band played amazingly as always, and Phil was looking clean and healthy. The crowd was possibly the best crowd at a gig I've been to. Really friendly mood to the whole thing. Ace.

Locally it would have to be the Captain Toms gig that Dave Rowlands put on with CYF, Mafafi, the Wankys etc. Fucking ace, fairly low key gig. Great fun.

EDIT - This one http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/56890-fast-fest-sat-25-07-09-feat-active-minds-eng-wankys-eng-mafafi-more.html

:up:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locally it would have to be the Captain Toms gig that Dave Rowlands put on with CYF, Mafafi, the Wankys etc. Fucking ace, fairly low key gig. Great fun.

EDIT - This one http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/56890-fast-fest-sat-25-07-09-feat-active-minds-eng-wankys-eng-mafafi-more.html

:up:

Fucking pisse dI missed that. uncalm were playing out of town. Active Minds are amazing. And so are Toms gigs. Perfect combo.

Mine would have to be Captain Cleanoff at the 13th note in Glasgow. Locally it would be Ehnahre, Dead in the Woods, Ablach, Uncalm and Spectral Fairground at Capt Toms. Fuckign awesome party!

atp last week. just all of it.

if i can't choose that then:

best gig of the year for me was probably either kartta's last gig/the guitar trio performance at snafu or shield your eyes/pneu/cap sante/the police at cellar 35

2009's other musical highlights for me:

bo ningen's set the other week

grizzly bear @ the abc

castanets @ the malt mill

tut vu vu/tom the noisemonger at halloween

both times chickenhawk played aberdeen

this town needs guns being confused by heckles in snafu

85 bears on a spring sunday night

both times chickenhawk played aberdeen

this town needs guns being confused by heckles in snafu

Chickenhawk played 3 times I believe,,,

This town needs guns was awesome,such a good gig and well worth the stress of putting it on.Year at sea were dead good aswell.

Im struggling to think of one amazing gig but credits go to:

The rabbit theory@ The Tunnels -amazing to have a band like that up here the nicest guys Ive ever had a chance to meet, where was everyone?

Mesa Verde@ The tunnels

Lemuria @ the tunnels

now im struggling...(and I realise Ive put on most of these)

Was Stapleton at the City Function in Dundee last year? If so, that'll have to be my best gig of last year. This year would probably have to be the show i put on last month in Glasgow, Olympic Swimmers, Brother Louis Collective, Meursault and Barn Owl. A mention to Canadian band Ohbijou as well.

Although all the acts that I've had up to Aberdeen have been awesome, the two best were probably Nick Pride and the Pimptones and Ugly Duckling.

I don't really get out to a large number of shows that I don't put on but the best one was Derek Trucks in ABC 2. AMAZING band in a pretty intimate venue.