aberdeen-music

2009 in Photographs

Old Gold

untitled.jpg

Well, this is a really important photo to me. Just me hanging out on couch with my puppy, Winston.

Some of you may remember him from the "Lost Dog" thread I started when he decided to bolt it earlier this year in Altens. Well, his adventurous spirit got the better of him this year and two months ago he got into an accident in Dyce and died.

A lot of people don't understand grief over an animal or pet and I don't expect a lot of you to get this (I apologise in advance for seeming too weepy to select non pet-owners). But since the day I brought Winston home he slept with me in my bed, rode in the front seat with me to work, and he'd wander around the workplace greeting customers with me and my dad (it was a family owned business so we could afford him that luxury), then it would be back home again to have tea in front of the TV then back to bed. For six days a week we would literally be around each other for 24 hours.

I don't ever really get sentimental or too emotional on here because its a music forum for fucks sake. Why would I? But I think this thread has drawn this out of me. He never judged me, never ditched me to do something else and always had time for me. He was a good friend. The best. And I constantly think about how I wished I could've been there to hold him after the accident before he passed, to tell my wee boy everything was going to be allright and say goodbye to my wee doggie but I was 200 miles away.

This is the last photo of Winston, as well as the last photo of me before I left him for uni in Edinburgh. I'm not ashamed to say he was my best friend and that 15 months old was too young. I miss him every day and this photo reminds me of the good times we had and how terribly lazy that spoiled little westie was.

untitled.jpg

Well, this is a really important photo to me. Just me hanging out on couch with my puppy, Winston.

Some of you may remember him from the "Lost Dog" thread I started when he decided to bolt it earlier this year in Altens. Well, his adventurous spirit got the better of him this year and two months ago he got into an accident in Dyce and died.

A lot of people don't understand grief over an animal or pet and I don't expect a lot of you to get this (I apologise in advance for seeming too weepy to select non pet-owners). But since the day I brought Winston home he slept with me in my bed, rode in the front seat with me to work, and he'd wander around the workplace greeting customers with me and my dad (it was a family owned business so we could afford him that luxury), then it would be back home again to have tea in front of the TV then back to bed. For six days a week we would literally be around each other for 24 hours.

I don't ever really get sentimental or too emotional on here because its a music forum for fucks sake. Why would I? But I think this thread has drawn this out of me. He never judged me, never ditched me to do something else and always had time for me. He was a good friend. The best. And I constantly think about how I wished I could've been there to hold him after the accident before he passed, to tell my wee boy everything was going to be allright and say goodbye to my wee doggie but I was 200 miles away.

This is the last photo of Winston, as well as the last photo of me before I left him for uni in Edinburgh. I'm not ashamed to say he was my best friend and that 15 months old was too young. I miss him every day and this photo reminds me of the good times we had and how terribly lazy that spoiled little westie was.

I can totally understand man! Our dog is a member of the family.

untitled.jpg

Awww, I can totally understand that... our dog is like a family member to us aswell. Your story actually brought a tear to my eye, I left my dog back at home when I moved through to uni 5 and a bit years ago and I'd love to have a dog through here in Aberdeen but its just not fair as I tend to be out and I think its unfair to leave an animal in all day by itself.