aberdeen-music

Why can't they leave it alone

MattJimF

You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

Muslim PC sues after workmates 'laughed at his beard' | Mail Online

'A Muslim police officer claims he was forced out of his job by colleagues who made fun of his beard and called him a 'f***ing Paki'.

PC Javid Iqbal, 38, said white officers openly discussed in front of him how they were ' better' than their ethnic-minority colleagues.'

I mean, it's terrible really. Whatever happened to Britain and the country I love?

More than 150,000 of public money has been spent teaching civil servants to avoid using everyday words such as 'bedlam','manila' and 'bulldozer'. The words were outlawed by the Welsh Development Agency because they are considered racially abusive. The Government-funded body, which promotes business in the principality, and two other quangoes sent staff on courses to improve their awareness. Unsuitable phrases include 'bedlam' - a reference to England's first lunatic asylum - and 'Dutch courage', which might imply that people from Holland become brave only after a drink.

Staff dare not say brainstorming, in case it insults the mentally ill, or

manila - a word once which meant 'a bangle used to buy slaves' but now refers to a colour for envelopes. Bulldozer (a man employed to beat slaves), poll tax (the US system which prevented blacks from voting) and nit-picking (the examination of slaves' hair for lice) are also forbidden.

You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

Muslim PC sues after workmates 'laughed at his beard' | Mail Online

'A Muslim police officer claims he was forced out of his job by colleagues who made fun of his beard and called him a 'f***ing Paki'.

PC Javid Iqbal, 38, said white officers openly discussed in front of him how they were ' better' than their ethnic-minority colleagues.'

I mean, it's terrible really. Whatever happened to Britain and the country I love?

I can't believe what's happened to this once great nation.

I can't believe what's happened to this once great nation.

Frankly, I agree.

Gay couple sue Christians for barring them from hotel bed | Mail Online

I mean, I agree with the fine gentleman BWJ and his views: "In my view there is too much pandering to this so-called equality lark. Being of an older generation, I hope the hotel maintains its standards, to which I heartily agree."

Back in the good old days we all hated these so called 'gays' (or is that offensive these days? you couldn't make it up!) but now all they're after is money.

Frankly, I agree.

Gay couple sue Christians for barring them from hotel bed | Mail Online

I mean, I agree with the fine gentleman BWJ and his views: "In my view there is too much pandering to this so-called equality lark. Being of an older generation, I hope the hotel maintains its standards, to which I heartily agree."

Back in the good old days we all hated these so called 'gays' (or is that offensive these days? you couldn't make it up!) but now all they're after is money.

I just choked on my pipe smoke.

This thread is ace.

here's a few more Viz letters

These politically correct bonfire nights have gone too far. It used to be penny for the guy when I was young. These days it's probably penny for the gay.

Richard Littlejohn, Wapping

Following the death of Bernard Manning, the PC brigade have come out of the woodwork to call the man a racist. For my money, all he ever did was try to make people laugh. And if you can't spend forty years heaping poisonous, four letter abuse on members of ethnic minorities without being labelled a racist, it's a sorry state of affairs.

Austin Cambridge, Oxford

Londoner Charles Nylon has this reflection to offer concerning the nature of terrorism:

These suicide bombers really get my goat. What an evil way to kill innocent people, running screaming into a crowded place like madmen, blowing themselves and everyone else to bits. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned gentlemen terrorists like the IRA, whod quietly pop a nail bomb under a pub table and leave without making a song and dance about it.

But Bamber Ross of Ross ripostes:

Mr Nylon (above letter) does not know what he is talking about. Gentlemen terrorists, indeed. When you get stang off a wasp, it just flies off to sting again and again in the style of the IRA bombers that Mr Nylon so admires. However, when a bee stings, it pulls its arse inside out and, like a suicide bomber, dies. And I think we all agree that bees are much nicer than wasps.

But Prof. J. Shiels of the Dept of Entomology, Maudling College, Oxford, rejects this bee/wasp metaphor in no uncertain terms:

Im afraid Mr Rosss insect/terrorist analogy (above letter) doesnt hold water. The reason that we agree that bees are nicer than wasps is nothing at all to do with their stringing ability. It is because bees are furry, like little black and orange flying teddy bears that make jam. Wasps on the other hand are all hard and have them Darth Vader faces. And they chase you when you run off.

I read with interest that the RAF have decided to replace the nude paintings of popular tit models like Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh on the side of their bombers with plain silhouettes for fear of offending the thousands of Muslims they are currently bombing the shit out of. I wholeheartedly applaud this display of sensitivity to another culture.

Peter Roeth

one of my favourites..

Tony Blair took us into an illegal war on the misconception that Iraq had acquired weapons of mass destruction. The number of troops killed has reached over a hundred, and the number of Iraqi civillions killed does not bear thinking about. Even today with the war officially over, soldiers and civilians are being killed on a daily basis by insurgents. A lifelong, Labour voter, I vowed never to vote for Tony Blair or the governments he represents ever again after his scandal-ridden premiership. But when he did that 'am I bovvered' sketch with Catherine Tait on Comic Relief night, I screamed with laughter. Well done, Tony, you've got my vote back.

Frank Mint, Tynedale

Following the death of Bernard Manning, the PC brigade have come out of the woodwork to call the man a racist. For my money, all he ever did was try to make people laugh. And if you can't spend forty years heaping poisonous, four letter abuse on members of ethnic minorities without being labelled a racist, it's a sorry state of affairs.

Austin Cambridge, Oxford

I love it!

I absolutely love the threads of letters that respond to one another. There was a killer one a few issues ago about muslim motorcyclists wearing turbans. Went on to discuss an archbishop and formula 1. Had me in bits!!

A council spokeswoman told the East Anglian Daily Times: "In particular with John being a councillor we have to be politically correct."

She added: "It is very sad because it is part of the fun of bingo but unfortunately in today's society people take it literally."

I wonder how this dumb bitch managed to reach that conclusion when no-one had fucking complained about it in the first place. Anyone who takes a bingo call literally is a moron.

• 2 weeks later...
Complaining about advertisements broadcast in a country on the other side of the world, irrespective of the content of that advert, reinforces the stereotype that Americans are fannies.....erm I mean pussies.

BBC News - KFC advertisement in Australia sparks race row

But black American people do eat a lot of fried chicken... ?( I worked at a place in Long Beach, CA where I was the minority. They even had a water melon eating contest!

And why not? It's all good nosh.:up:

Some might say... finger lickin' good.

• 1 month later...