aberdeen-music

New Prog-House Song

Ryan In Atlanta

hey there, i've recorded a general idea for a tune at college

i would really appreciate it if people let me know if they like it or not haha

Concrete MSTR!.wav

How much further are you taking it?

The quality of sound is good. In terms of the music I'll be critical for this one, it's quite a flat piece to listen to, it doesn't feel like it's taking you anywhere which you kind of need to build in for a track like this I think. Perhaps you need a more intense build up to a break down, a natural place as you have it now feels around 1.07. I find quite an effective way of building up to a breakdown is to half the space between certain beats or notes to the point where you maybe have a bar of quavers or semi quavers then a sudden stop with say your steam noise spilling over into your breakdown where you have a paddy euphoric bit - build the drums back up again with your keys part coming in at the peak... perhaps a bit formulaic for what your after though.

Having said that, for a general idea it's got potential so I guess you could take anywhere you like.

• 1 month later...

Sorry i've taken ages to reply. Cheers for being honest, I've not really had much of a chance to work on it, but i'll take what you have both said into consideration as i agree with most of the points made. I definately do need to make it less irritating, but i'd still like to keep the hook for some parts. Once again, thanks.