aberdeen-music

Do you think you're a good drummer...or do you KNOW you are?!

DefyTheStars

To anyone who views this thread, hello and thanks for looking.

I'm posting this request/challenge on behalf of Defy The Stars.

We're a rock band playing mostly original songs, with the odd cover thrown in to challenge us now and again. Influences range from Zeppelin, Pantera, Journey, Throwdown, The 69 Eyes, Killswitch Engage, Kiss, Four Letter Lie and more. As you can imagine, this allows us a huge range of flexibility in our compositions.

Currently in the band we have a bassist, lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist and vocalist. Our recent drummer left Aberdeen and unfortunately we were ready to start gigging just as he did so.

We're looking for someone who is not afraid to improvise, come up with original drum compositions and throw in ideas into the song writing hat.

The band has auditioned a few drummers to date, but unfortunately no one has been what we were looking for. I would stress, we are not looking for a drum machine. We want you to give us your ideas and be a full part of the band.

If you feel you're up to the task then please feel free to contact us via a post or PM me for further contact details.

Thanks again.

I realise there are a few "Drummer Wanted" ads on here, so we want to give as much information as possible. I've received PM's with a few similar questions so to save the same ones being asked, here is a little more info:

1) There is no age limit as such. We're between 23 & 27 however, so we are all friends out with the band. So we're looking for someone who would realistically hang out with us outside of the practice studio.

2) Musical taste is not important, we all have different tastes. Obviously if, after you hear our originals, you don't like what you hear that's fine but at least you tried right?

3) We are definitely looking to gig in the VERY near future. We have a website in prep, professional photographer and demos all ready to go. We just need the last piece of the puzzle.

If you think that could be you, then get in touch.

Thanks again.

DTS