aberdeen-music

AIYF Northfield youth singing group require musicians for concert 16th Dec

jcn

Hey everyone

I have been running a singing school which gives free lessons to kids in regeneration areas of Aberdeen: Northfield, mastrick, cummings park, etc. We are going to have a mini concert at our final week and would like to ask some kind-hearted musicians if they would be the backing band for our choirs?

Sorry, no fee to offer just some complimentary beers from me afterwards and that warm fuzzy feeling you get for doing a good deed at christmas-tide :)

We would ask you to play the songs we have learned, I have all the sheet music here.

It is on Wednesday 16th December at Northfield community centre, byron square 6pm - 7pm.

Cheers

jayne

Hi

There isn't any gear at all :( so bearing in mind it would be a total nightmare for a drummer to come along I thought it would be good if we could find some keys, guitar and bass. Unfortunately, the musicians would have to bring their own stuff. The only things we have are stackable tables and chairs, a big hall and some plug sockets :D

Obviously this is an admirable project, and I don't wan't to piss on your chips here, but surely expecting a group of disparate musicians to read a message board, come together, form a group then learn practice and perform four (not particularly easy) whole songs in around a week is asking a bit much?

Your best hope at such short notice might be to get backing tracks, for example from here -

MusicBackingTracks.co.uk - Fight For This Love Backing Track By Cheryl Cole