aberdeen-music

THESE are the artists you will be instructed to like this year.

Fish out of water

Bull shit list id say.

Marina and the diamonds were on it last year for 2009.

I hate marina and the diamonds (no, she didnt knock me back or anything, not like that! Ill get in and say that now). She caused me no end of grief following her last visit to aberdeen.

Put her on way back last year as i liked her stuff decently enough to put it on / think it would work. Gig went fine, clashed with Optimo across the road and two other good events so we maybe had 100 people in but they were still looked after and paid / fed and watered.

Then she offhandedly and for no reason made a complaint about her treatment in the venue / said id been rude to her (after hanging out with her and the band all day) - no idea why/ said that the gig hadnt been promoted (despite 50 posters/ flyers and online shizzle) and advised people never to play there again.

Caused me no end of shitstorm from various sources including my head head boss and the head of a rather large promotions company and a big booking agent or two. All either phoning me up to find out what id done or stonewalling me because of her report. The Tour Manager i spoke to knew nothing about it (i called him up as wed hung out a fair bit on the day - making sure they were looked after) and said hed get back to me with some info / clear it up. I dont think he did as never heard back, hes a nice guy though so no hard feelings there.

Ridiculous. Stupid Girl.

I lost heaps of money on the show and she was still treated her well/ paid in full and fed and watered = thats what you get.

If you read interviews with her, apparently she plays up to the idea of being a diva.

Thanks marina - good luck for being a "sound" of 2010.

Fuck.Off.

Like a poor mans bat for lashes.

I havent heard of many of the other bands but will listen now.

Heard lots about the Drums, gutted i missed everything everything with findo in tunnels, two door cinema club ive heard of and thought they sounded decent enough.

Bull shit list id say.

Marina and the diamonds were on it last year for 2009.

I hate marina and the diamonds (no, she didnt knock me back or anything, not like that! Ill get in and say that now). She caused me no end of grief following her last visit to aberdeen.

Put her on way back last year as i liked her stuff decently enough to put it on / think it would work. Gig went fine, clashed with Optimo across the road and two other good events so we maybe had 100 people in but they were still looked after and paid / fed and watered.

Then she offhandedly and for no reason made a complaint about her treatment in the venue / said id been rude to her (after hanging out with her and the band all day) - no idea why/ said that the gig hadnt been promoted (despite 50 posters/ flyers and online shizzle) and advised people never to play there again.

Caused me no end of shitstorm from various sources including my head head boss and the head of a rather large promotions company and a big booking agent or two. All either phoning me up to find out what id done or stonewalling me because of her report. The Tour Manager i spoke to knew nothing about it (i called him up as wed hung out a fair bit on the day - making sure they were looked after) and said hed get back to me with some info / clear it up. I dont think he did as never heard back, hes a nice guy though so no hard feelings there.

Ridiculous. Stupid Girl.

I lost heaps of money on the show and she was still treated her well/ paid in full and fed and watered = thats what you get.

Heard a few things by Marina and the Diamonds. She\They sound all right, not brilliant just all right.

Poor show that kicked up a fuss over nothing though, I assume you've no intention of booking them ever again?

The Beeb weren't too far off last year with their choices although suprised Gaga was so far down the final list at #6. Just goes to show how massive a year she had.