aberdeen-music

Where have they gone?

Spencer251

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of bands that were all the rage one minute then suddenly dissapeared or are going downhill.

where have they gone?

what are they doing wrong?

ill start things off ...

Everyone went through a stage of loving the Kaiser Chiefs with ' everyday i love you less and less' and 'ruby', then they disappeared. anyone know what happened?

Anyone think that Greenday are going downhill? i listened to 21 guns and thought that it was a bit repetitive. i mean, what it represents is touching, but they could have made that song so much better.

Who the hell are the thrills? Or should I say who them hell were the thrills?

Are we basing this "where have they gone" thread on personal thoughts or more to do with popularity/record sales/concert attendances and so forth?

With regards to Green Day they have always catered to a braindead community and they're certainly playing to a more modern dare I say "politically aware society?"

where as before it was a more dopefiend booze filled fun loving society of the nineties ( generation x if you will).

People who liked them back then grew to love that sound and style try played whereas Green Day have changed along with todays social and political climate and therefore I suppose you could losing there roots or simply growing with times or just maturing.

I don't know if that's all a load of tripe but I typed what was on my mind so, so be it.

Irrelevance in todays culture .... X Factor reigns supreme so I'm sure that speaks for itself.

And wait for it ...........,,.......

..... Cool story bro!

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of bands that were all the rage one minute then suddenly dissapeared or are going downhill.

where have they gone?

what are they doing wrong?

ill start things off ...

Everyone went through a stage of loving the Kaiser Chiefs with ' everyday i love you less and less' and 'ruby', then they disappeared. anyone know what happened?

Anyone think that Greenday are going downhill? i listened to 21 guns and thought that it was a bit repetitive. i mean, what it represents is touching, but they could have made that song so much better.

That was a shit example. Kaiser Chiefs had a top 5 single and a number 1 album this year. They've been all over the radio. They've hardly disappeared.

What happened to Biffy Clyro?

See I was having this discussion the other day there. I've not heard much off their new album, but i did really like puzzle. In my experience people tend to like either their new stuff or their old stuff. I, however, love all of it. But i do seem to be in the minority (which, coincidentally, is where green day wanted to be once upon a time apparently...) as pretty much everyone i ask about this says their new stuff suck baws so it is quite possible that I just have poor taste.:down:

SO! In answer to your question, in my opinion nowt happened apart from them maybe becoming a little more mainstream. In most other peoples opinion, they died. Twice.

Not their cover of Umbrella. The Vertigo of Bliss is their finest album in my opinion. I like all of their albums although I have not heard their latest one. Puzzle admittedly wasn't great, but I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't a Biffy Clyro album. Or would I have liked it less...?

I thought Big Sur was a great tune, but I simoltaneously hate it as it led to me forking out 7 for their first album in HMV a few years back. Utter, non-descript, boring, retro-but-in-a-bad-bad-way, pishy, goose flap.

What happened to Schmuk? They were incredible.