aberdeen-music

Rage for Xmas number 1?

timson

I heard Simon Cowell's rant about the whole charade today and quite frankly he made himself look a right tit. I think he's a bit concerned about these campaigns which is a bit pathetic really. Surely a bit of healthy competition is better since the x factor have dominated the xmas market for a number of years now. And in any case we know the x factor will still get the christmas number one and in this day and age it really means jack shit anyways. But Cowell just made himself look stupid by harping on about how these campaigns are taking the glory away from the winner of the competition. Jesus Christ man, the x factor doesnt have a divine right to get the christmas number one in the first place and by inducing such a monopoly on the whole thing, its driven people with nothing better to do than start pointless campaigns in the first place!

Still was mildly amused by the campaign to get half man half biscuit to the xmas number 2 spot! thats more like it!

But Cowell just made himself look stupid by harping on about how these campaigns are taking the glory away from the winner of the competition.

Thus rebellious people who like RATM give more money to Sony and people who are passionate about the X Factor give more money to... Sony.

Simon Cowell did not become Uncle Pennybags by splurging out genuinely stupid press releases.

Y'know i'm tired of all this teeny bopper pop music every christmas; Wow! lets really stick it to the system - rage against the machine for Christmas number one - thats soooo controversial - all those X factor kids will be crying 'cos they don't understand the harsh lyrics (hello, he swears?OMG) and anti corporation ideals that RATM so gainfully employ - that'll really shake things up and our lives can gain some weak purpose and meaning in our otherwise confused and indefinitely adolescent lives, then weed will be legalized or some stupid shit.

• Upvote 2

I think its a measure of where we are how people are so upset that the x factor is going to get the christmas number one. its the sort of thing that might pissed me off when I was very young but really, does it matter? no it doesnt and those people getting into a lather about it should take a long look at themselves I think!

I can't believe people are getting so wound up by this. I would never let a christmas song ever effect me in anyway what so ever, or let is enter my consciousness. There are far more serious things to worry about, I mean, there are probably kids in Africa that don't even know it is christmas time at all.

Outstanding! The lyrics in that song are fucking hysterical.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time" - really?

"Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" - yup, that definitely needs to be addressed.

Feed the world man.

Y'know i'm tired of all this teeny bopper pop music every christmas; Wow! lets really stick it to the system - rage against the machine for Christmas number one - thats soooo controversial - all those X factor kids will be crying 'cos they don't understand the harsh lyrics (hello, he swears?OMG) and anti corporation ideals that RATM so gainfully employ - that'll really shake things up and our lives can gain some weak purpose and meaning in our otherwise confused and indefinitely adolescent lives, then weed will be legalized or some stupid shit.

Remarkable tale, bretheren.

• Upvote 1

Outstanding! The lyrics in that song are fucking hysterical.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time" - really?

"Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" - yup, that definitely needs to be addressed.

Feed the world man.

My favourite line is "Well tonight thank God it's then instead of you". Charming.

When's this guy's xmas single coming out?