aberdeen-music

BEST PUNK ACT - Fudge Awards 2010

The Ghost Of Fudge

ew touchy,

im guessing you joined for the same reason then

So what youre saying is that unless youve been a member of aberdeen music for ages, you cant vote?

Think youre missing the point of this.

Anyone can vote for whoever they want.That's the whole point in the fudge awards.

Aberdeen votes for who they want to win.

Youre being pathetic, probably because youre not winning and you think youre better than the other bands in the poll.

Maybe you are! But that doesnt matter.

"How old are you? Fucking 5!?!

Give it a break, you're quickly turning into the most irritating cunt on this forum.
So what youre saying is that unless youve been a member of aberdeen music for ages, you cant vote?

Think youre missing the point of this.

Anyone can vote for whoever they want.That's the whole point in the fudge awards.

Aberdeen votes for who they want to win.

Youre being pathetic, probably because youre not winning and you think youre better than the other bands in the poll.

"How old are you? Fucking 5!?!

cl-3m_tampon.jpg

It does matter. This prestigious award should be given to the best punk band in Aberdeen. We shared it last year with two other bands and at the time we said to each other "that's good guys, well done! but we need to push ourselves further in the coming year and make sure that it is only our name on the award on 2010". We actually took our awards (we shared "best punk" and "best band") to meetings with some record industry executives and they pretty much said "come back when you're the undisputed best in Aberdeen and maybe we can talk then". Winning this award means everything to us. This has been our ambition and was included in our mission statement on our myspace page, which you may or may not have seen. I know music isn't just about award ceremonies and it is not really a competition but when you consider how winning this award could really help our music careers you may begin to get an idea about how important it is that the voting system is not manipulated.

Escape to Victory are deeply upset that these whippersnappers Heller State seem to be canvassing for votes on myspace and possibly (although we are only guessing) Facebook. I'm not sure if they are on Bebo but they could be doing it on there too. For me, this takes away from integrity of the Fudge Awards - as you said yourself Aberdeen votes for who they want to win. For all we know people who are friends with Heller State on social networking websites and don't even live in Aberdeen may be signing up to this website to vote. This, in my eyes at least, is not fair. They haven't even seen Escape to Victory (not to mention the other great bands nominated) to be able to compare us with Heller State - They are just doing a favour for a friend.

Despite what I have said above, we may have to resort to these tactics of online canvassing and play them at their own game. We are going to meet tonight to discuss our options and will have an update for you early next week.

To anybody who has seen us this year and enjoyed our music, please, please take the time to vote for us. This is our dream and it means the world to us. We can't come this far and not quite get there again.

Sincerely

Shaki, e2v

• Upvote 2

It does matter. This prestigious award should be given to the best punk band in Aberdeen. We shared it last year with two other bands and at the time we said to each other "that's good guys, well done! but we need to push ourselves further in the coming year and make sure that it is only our name on the award on 2010". We actually took our awards (we shared "best punk" and "best band") to meetings with some record industry executives and they pretty much said "come back when you're the undisputed best in Aberdeen and maybe we can talk then". Winning this award means everything to us. This has been our ambition and was included in our mission statement on our myspace page, which you may or may not have seen. I know music isn't just about award ceremonies and it is not really a competition but when you consider how winning this award could really help our music careers you may begin to get an idea about how important it is that the voting system is not manipulated.

Escape to Victory are deeply upset that these whippersnappers Heller State seem to be canvassing for votes on myspace and possibly (although we are only guessing) Facebook. I'm not sure if they are on Bebo but they could be doing it on there too. For me, this takes away from integrity of the Fudge Awards - as you said yourself Aberdeen votes for who they want to win. For all we know people who are friends with Heller State on social networking websites and don't even live in Aberdeen may be signing up to this website to vote. This, in my eyes at least, is not fair. They haven't even seen Escape to Victory (not to mention the other great bands nominated) to be able to compare us with Heller State - They are just doing a favour for a friend.

Despite what I have said above, we may have to resort to these tactics of online canvassing and play them at their own game. We are going to meet tonight to discuss our options and will have an update for you early next week.

To anybody who has seen us this year and enjoyed our music, please, please take the time to vote for us. This is our dream and it means the world to us. We can't come this far and not quite get there again.

Sincerely

Shaki, e2v

sounds to me like someone is still bitter for not winning *outright* last year...?

grow up.

on top of that, losing the online poll won't mean much when the moorings votes come in and Brothel Corpse Trio whoop everyones ass...

sounds to me like someone is still bitter for not winning *outright* last year...?

grow up.

on top of that, losing the online poll won't mean much when the moorings votes come in and Brothel Corpse Trio whoop everyones ass...

We are not bitter - we are just determined to win. That's the kind of guys we are - if you knock us down we will come back stronger. As I said before, having come so close to being *outright* winners last year we have been working really hard to perfect our sound, image and stage presence in an attempt to walk the awards this year. This is a serious spanner in the works and it smarts more than a little.

We have loads of friends in the Moorings too and may consider sending a squad of our foot soldiers down each week until the awards to vote on the slips.

...and for the person who said we suck: how much are Heller State paying you?

• Upvote 1