aberdeen-music

BEST PUNK ACT - Fudge Awards 2010

The Ghost Of Fudge

The Fudge Awards are an annual celebration of the bestest of the bestest local bands Aberdeen has to offer. We'll be dishing out fabuously glittery high-quality prizes and even inviting the winning acts to come up onstage and make their acceptance speeches. It all happens at The Moorings Bar on Saturday 6th February. As well as the actual awards ceremony, we'll have three fabulous bands playing too. It'll be unbelievable, I have no doubt.

Since, against all expectations, this show will mark a decade of debuachary for the Fudge Awards, we'll be donating all money raised to our attempt to drive a shitty little car to Ulaanbataar in the Mongol Rally 2010 (see elsewhere on this forum for details). Woo hoo!

SO! ... Let's get down to business.

THE FUDGE AWARDS - BEST PUNK 2010

As well as this online poll, you'll be able to vote in person at the Moorings on Saturday nights up until the awards. Votes will be totalled to arrive at our champions.

The Nominees:

THE BROTHEL CORPSE TRIO

The Brothel Corpse Trio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

CONTRA

link fixed

ESCAPE TO VICTORY

Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

THE HIJACKS

THE HIJACKS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

HELLER STATE

Heller State on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SHORT NOTICE

Short Notice on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I am currently watching Heller State (I think - they haven't said their name yet) and these are my thoughts:

- reminds me of an early Green Day

- some good harmonies, some not so good

- some good songs, some awful songs

- guitarist is by far the better singer, more of him and less of bassist please

- guitar sound is far too loud and dirty