aberdeen-music

The Christmas And New Year Thread

delboy

so here we go again the yuletide season is upon us once more. Thoughts? are you one of those people who loves or hates this time of year? I dinna mind it all but its a bit in your face at times. For me its just another excuse to over indulge and i enjoy going to the footy over christmas!

I don't mind Christmas at all. I enjoy having a bit of time off work and spending some time at home with my family, which really never happens in my family the rest of the year. Traditionally my mates and I go out every Christmas eve in Frasserburgh, which is fun and you bump into old mates you only see once a year cos everybody has moved away and only comes back for Xmas. Traditionally it ends in a punch-up, but fingers crossed this will be the year that someone doesn't wake up on Christmas Day with a black eye!

The only thing that does piss me off about it is the fact that it starts in November these days, and by the time Christmas actually arrives I'm sick of it. It would be more special if it didn't last for a whole month.

New Year I can take or leave, it's just another night out really.

Christmas day will be spent with the family as always. Although this year, both mine and my other halfs are all coming to our flat to get pissed and eat too much. New years eve will no doubt consist of me sitting at home, getting rattered with my mates whilst the missus goes to one of hers.

I'm working every other day. Cunts.

I like Xmas Eve, always end up down my local and bump into a few folk I've not seen since last Xmas Eve! As for Hogmany, I've half-planned to go round to a mate's house for some drinks because I'm not keen on queuing in the cold, waiting hours to be served etc. when I can just chill out with some mates. I think I'm getting old, and I'm only 21!

I'm not keen on queuing in the cold, waiting hours to be served etc. when I can just chill out with some mates.

Agreed, although I might be tempted to head into town if there were any decent bands on. I think everyone has given up hope of ACC organising anything worthwhile. Michelle McManus or Steve Brookstein just doesn't cut it.

And no, I don't want to be on the Modern Image website you cunt.

Working up until Christmas Eve, and Christmas is usually just spent with the family.

Managed to get inbetween Christmas and New Year so me and some friends have rented a house in the middle of the country in Skipness (Argyle and Bute) for a few days. Really looking forward to getting away!!

Skipness sounds like a dump to me...

I'll get my coat.

I'm thinking of coming up to Aberdeen for new year though I have my doubts my battered and bruised 142,000 on the clock Ford Mondeo could actually make the trip. Looked into trains and planes and actually they're more expensive than driving and I hate using public transport at the best of times. The coach is a bit cheaper but it takes forever and is horrendous, would have to go to London to get the Aberdeen one.

Or I'll just stay at home!

Guest idol_wild

I generally dislike Christmas, especially the financial obligation aspect, and especially this year. I'm temping at HMV for the moment and I'm working Christmas Eve and Boxing Day so it'll be Christmas on my own this year, which doesn't really bother me. I will, however, miss seeing family, but I will hopefully get the opportunity at New Year.

I always like New Year because the group of friends I tend to spend it with like doing something different and getting out of the city, so I think we're all heading to a beautiful big house up in Banff. Plus our group of friends is geographically fractured so it'll be nice to hang out with everyone together again.

Yay for New Year, boo for Christmas.

Spending Christmas with my family in a house in St.Monans which looks lovely but has the potential to be bloody freezing so will be spending that indoors doing lots of reading/sleeping on the sofa. Lovely! After a really tiring semester of teaching it will be lovely to have a proper break away.

New Years I'm going down to Leeds, watching Jools Holland on the telly and eating lots of amazing food courtesy of my other half's family.

Christmas is usually spent with just my own family (wife and 2 kids)

I cook the chrimbo dinner !

Can't stand the damn cost of it all though..... the kids are at an age where its getting so much more expensive to get the presents they want !!!

I think this is the first year in a long time where I don't have any bookings to play the pipes on Hogmanay..... and I'm not that bothered for once.... not much fun playing pipes (working) when every other fucker is boozing and having a great time with family or friends.

but, I dare say, at some point I'll get the pipes oot an play a ditty or two!

(maybe even earn a bob or two)

:up:

Christmas dinner in the Dallas household is a bit special. Unfortunately this year it will only be my mum, dad and I as my three older brothers are all spending it with their wife/girlfriend/fiancee respectively in regards to age. I'm sure we'll get a good old get together at some point though which is why I like christmas. Baby Jesus is alright I guess.

New year will probably be a pissup in someone's house somewhere. The missus is away to Belfast with her pal so I will probably see friends from home.

I'm excited now!