aberdeen-music

The Cinematics + Free Korps + The Marrionettes @ Snafu - Mon 7th Dec 2009

THE CINEMATICS + FREE KORPS + THE MARRIONETTES

Monday 7th December 2009, 7.30pm, Snafu, Aberdeen, 6

Cinematics tickets via Seetickets.com

The Cinematics are currently touring the UK and Germany showcasing songs from their second studio album, Love and Terror which was released earlier this year.

About The Cinematics & Love and Terror:

With these guys, when they are good, they are damn good. They offer top-notch musicianship, lyrics that are far better than those from most rock bands, and what seems to be a new found passion for setting themselves apart from their peers. One cant help but wonder if this band is on the cusp of something huge and if this is a good album that will ultimately be but a precursor to a great one.

Extract from article on Music Review: The Cinematics - Love and Terror - Blogcritics Music

The Cinematics on MySpace

High pace indie rock with edgy riffs and pounding drums. Highly influenced by anything from Iggy Pop to Aphex Twin, an exciting live show that has been cited as stimulating and with bucket loads of energy.

The second half of 2009 has seen the return of Marionettes with no less than two new members, a fresh sound and a new direction.

Extract from http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-announcements/58414-marionettes-ccj-live-16th-november.html

Marionettes on MySpace

Free Korps are a electronica driven four piece who combine the synthetic sounds of electric music with a traditional live band set up. Playing songs that fuse traditional guitar based influences such as The Chameleons and Idlewild with masters of technology such as Depeche Mode and The Chemical Brothers, Free Korps create an infectious sound that permeates fans of all musical persuasions.

Free Korps on MySpace

Guest Gladstone

Cinematics are really good - I saw them at Wizard this year or maybe last year, fuck knows. Worth the 6 I'd say. Plus Free Korps and Marionettes are 2 of the best local bands.

Saying all that, I'm not going because I live in middle earth, and have to get up early in the morning to get into work :down:

Guest Gladstone
I'm travelling in from the 'shire! but given i don't have too early a start tomorrow, i think...yet.

Trust me, coming in from Inverurie is nothing compared to between New Pitsligo and Strichen. If you get stuck behind someone doing 40, it's ages before you can get past them, and you have to hit BOD by about 6.30 to avoid the traffic.

Sorry - way off topic.

Free Korps / Marionettes / Cinematics are all great.

You should definitely go to this gig. :up: