aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music Awards 2009

waltz

Most missed; Treader

Most annoying; Paranoid

I'll also indulge in this orgy of self importance and nominate myself for an award; most tagged. In fact, you know what, I win. You know why? Because I fucking was the most tagged.

Guest Gladstone

Most missed: The Tags

Comic of the Year: Original Spies

Twat of the Year: stuartmaxwell

Best Thread: Pet Hates

Best Post: idol_wild's "handbag" / "clunge" change http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/53163-pet-hates-494.html#post794180

Best loss of control: fatboy's rant at the world in this thread - http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/news-announcements/57859-aberdeen-foyer-music-open-again-2.html

Didn't zombie munch get banned for threatening to slit TV Tanned's throat or something?

IIRC, he wasn't actually banned. He just asked for his account to be deleted and he stopped using the web site. Could be wrong mind you, it was years ago.

In all "Fairness", learn to use PM's, or get a room.

I can use PMs, but there was no need to because what I had to say wasn't private. This is a music discussion forum; I don't see why a discussion about music should be conducted surreptitiously just because it doesn't directly involve or interest you.

What exactly is your problem with me providing constructive feedback in the feedback forum?

• Upvote 1

I can use PMs, but there was no need to because what I had to say wasn't private. This is a music discussion forum; I don't see why a discussion about music should be conducted surreptitiously just because it doesn't directly involve or interest you.

What exactly is your problem with me providing constructive feedback in the feedback forum?

Get your squabbling out of the brown-nosing thread, Captain Bringdown.

Sometimes I think more bands should put their lyrics up for criticism as well as their music. When I was a whippersnapper, lyrics were an insanely important part of my Listening Experience TM.

I love finding little allusions to literature/culture/politics/cocks in lyrics.

Guest Gladstone
Sometimes I think more bands should put their lyrics up for criticism as well as their music. When I was a whippersnapper, lyrics were an insanely important part of my Listening Experience TM.

I'm a massive fan of lyrics too. Been writing lyrics (despite not being able to play any instruments till more recently) since I was about 13/14. They're still not very good, but that's not the point.

I've never paid attention to lyrics in songs, I always listen to the melodies and the instruments but I never have any idea what the songs are about. I don't know why but I've just never listened to lyrics.