aberdeen-music

Minnaars

Guest Gladstone

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Am I the only one who would rather just not have anything to do with a band who look like this?

l_432df2584260055d9ce9ff51c5cd14cb.jpg

I know fashion/style is important in music...but why do all these shitty new hyped bands just look like a bunch of tools who got topshop vouchers for christmas last year, and bought out the shop in the January sale?

Guest Gladstone
Am I the only one who would rather just not have anything to do with a band who look like this?

l_432df2584260055d9ce9ff51c5cd14cb.jpg

I know fashion/style is important in music...but why do all these shitty new hyped bands just look like a bunch of tools who got topshop vouchers for christmas last year, and bought out the shop in the January sale?

My view here is that people care far too much about image, and that goes for you not wanting to be associated with a band that looks like that. I look at their pointy shoes and I think they're ridiculous, but I couldn't give a fuck. I like the tunes, and that's what it's all about for me.

I wear clothes that I think are cool, and I'm sure you do too. I mean I doubt people go out to look intentionally uncool (well they do, but in a round about way, they're trying to look cool, by being non-conformist or whatever). I'm not wearing these clothes in the hope that people will like my music, or indeed wearing these clothes because I think other people will think I look cool, but because I like the clothes.

So, yeah, their pointy shoes are stupid in my opinion, but it doesn't take anything away from their tunes that I enjoy...

My view here is that people care far too much about image, and that goes for you not wanting to be associated with a band that looks like that. I look at their pointy shoes and I think they're ridiculous, but I couldn't give a fuck. I like the tunes, and that's what it's all about for me.

I wear clothes that I think are cool, and I'm sure you do too. I mean I doubt people go out to look intentionally uncool (well they do, but in a round about way, they're trying to look cool, by being non-conformist or whatever). I'm not wearing these clothes in the hope that people will like my music, or indeed wearing these clothes because I think other people will think I look cool, but because I like the clothes.

So, yeah, their pointy shoes are stupid in my opinion, but it doesn't take anything away from their tunes that I enjoy...

Agree with the above.

Having said that I hate them. Nine times out of ten I will hate a band that look like this.

Thanks for bringing their existence to my attention. :laughing:

It's not bad, but the songs themselves don't blow me away. I feel like there's a lot going on in places but to no real enjoyable effect. It makes me increasingly suspicious that the band value clever ditty dippy doopy bits on their guitars and keyboards more than they value actual melodies or hooks.

Have NME said anything on this band?

Guest Gladstone
It's not bad, but the songs themselves don't blow me away. I feel like there's a lot going on in places but to no real enjoyable effect. It makes me increasingly suspicious that the band value clever ditty dippy doopy bits on their guitars and keyboards more than they value actual melodies or hooks.

Have NME said anything on this band?

Dancey and direct; very impressive stuff - Artrocker

The Hottest property to come out of Leicester since Kasabian - Radio 1

Right now were loving Busy Hands - NME

What track would I play right now? - Busy Hands by Minnaars - XFM

Last year was all about White Lies. My tip for this year is Minnaars - Mat Horne

What sets Minnaars apart is that they have the tunes and the bravery. Comparisons with Foals, due to a fixation with the bottom 12 frets, I suspect, are wide of the mark. The overly-focused sound of the Oxford indie-math bands debut Antidotes pales in contrast this. This EP focuses on innovative music which makes you dance, revere and ponder in equal measures - A Box of Words

Im exhausted just listening - Jo Whiley, Radio 1

Yeah - but not much. That's a few quotes from the myspace page.