aberdeen-music

If you've ever performed badly...

KimyReizeger

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I know! Hes overhyped and just plain amateur, almost as bad as Russel Howard.

NOTHING is as bad as Russel Howard. Not even that Vodafone ad with the chat up lines. Ever noticed that on Mock The Week when they have to do an improv bit everyone else rattles off about 5+ goes and Russel Howard just stands there like a spare prick, emerging about once every three shows with a shite line that would make that guy in the YouTube video wince uncomfortably and say "aight...we ain't gonna work this out".

Guest Tam o' Shantie

no, but if it's the one about the world of music or something then I saw an ad for it at least. even the advert sucked...also, I hate to sound like a playground bully but it's just the 'cherry on top' annoyance of it...what the fuck is with his strange blinking tic?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the other day while I left the room to take a shower it was playing. i had my shower, and as I left the bathroom all i heard from the room next door was "uh oh..gorgeous woman looking right at me"...

ever heard that anecdote about the guy somewhere in middle england that put his foot through the telly in outrage when the sex pistols were on Bill Grundy's show saying 'something shocking'? I feel like joining him when that ad is on, which is ALL OF THE TIME

I can't stand Michael Macintyre. I don't know why. It could be because he's shit, or it could be because he made a Yorkshire joke, implying that we al talk like we've got hiccups and I took it to heart, even though he talks like he's got a mouth full of smarties.

I wasn't really that bothered. He's just a cunt with shit jokes.

I quite like Boyle on Mock The Week, mostly because he seems to never laugh at anyone elses jokes, ever. I bet he hates comedy.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Hmm. Don't remember that one... I don't like the one with all the talentless tools singing in Trafalgar Square.

this new wave of bullshit ads are really starting to annoy me. they all share this bullshit form of marketing that employs all of these tools to act out a bunch of stunts, then tries to pretend to us that they're real and just a typical example of the wonders of social networking...made easier of course by your NEW VODAFONE MYSPACE PHONE WITH TWITTER INTERNET IPHONE BLOG FLASH MOB APPS. It's just yet another astoundingly phoney attempt to tap into 'yoof' culture, as Sony failed once in the past to do (if I remember correctly, they paid all of these graffiti artists to 'bomb' local spots with sony-sponsored artwork...nobody bought it, the artists lost their credability and hopefully someone got arrested).

Another candidate for television-smashing rage is that horrible one about the guy who 'texted all of my mates to get a band together', resulting in him apparently enlisting a 40-strong ensemble of wacky, good looking young people with Vodafone mobile contracts to play a shitty song on an open-topped bus. "I used my myspace page to get everyone together" he dribbles..."I'm just announcing a tour on Twitter". Well, let me know when you're going to be in aberdeen so that I can slash your fucking tour bus' tyres, you fluffy-headed twat.

• Upvote 1

this new wave of bullshit ads are really starting to annoy me. they all share this bullshit form of marketing that employs all of these tools to act out a bunch of stunts, then tries to pretend to us that they're real and just a typical example of the wonders of social networking...made easier of course by your NEW VODAFONE MYSPACE PHONE WITH TWITTER INTERNET IPHONE BLOG FLASH MOB APPS. It's just yet another astoundingly phoney attempt to tap into 'yoof' culture, as Sony failed once in the past to do (if I remember correctly, they paid all of these graffiti artists to 'bomb' local spots with sony-sponsored artwork...nobody bought it, the artists lost their credability and hopefully someone got arrested).

Another candidate for television-smashing rage is that horrible one about the guy who 'texted all of my mates to get a band together', resulting in him apparently enlisting a 40-strong ensemble of wacky, good looking young people with Vodafone mobile contracts to play a shitty song on an open-topped bus. "I used my myspace page to get everyone together" he dribbles..."I'm just announcing a tour on Twitter". Well, let me know when you're going to be in aberdeen so that I can slash your fucking tour bus' tyres, you fluffy-headed twat.

You're so right it's painful.

What annoys me is that as soon as anything even remotely creative occurs some talentless hack in an advertising agency steals the idea to show the world what it would look like if it had corporate millions thrown at it while simultaneously sucking all the life out of it.

I can't stand hacks. (For more information on hacks please refer to Michael McIntyre above)

That whole open topped bus fiasco is one of a few guilty adverts where a group of talentless tools get together to from a "band" and pretend to play instruments while smiling like gormless idiots. There's that one where at the end the girl asks down the phone "How did it sound?" Well.. fucking shit is the answer. These adverts always equate being a musician with a Karaoke performer.