aberdeen-music

New recordings up!

HateEvent

I'm not answering for Chris but I don't think he was getting the handbag out.

Were a band who love Dimmu, SYL, Fear Factory etc and the drums reflect those influences.

When it comes to ignorance then knock on Maxis door. He thinks Chris doesn't hit hard enough, sorry but neither does Nick Barker.

Really can't be arsed having another drum conversation. Chris has his thing,I have mine.

We save that for another thread.

As I said in my original post I ain't keen on the drum sound. I Like the music and look forword to hearing it in a live atmosphere.

What's happening with the tracks anyway? Waiting til you go back to finish those other tracks and releasing an ep ?

Really can't be arsed having another drum conversation. Chris has his thing,I have mine.

We save that for another thread.

As I said in my original post I ain't keen on the drum sound. I Like the music and look forword to hearing it in a live atmosphere.

What's happening with the tracks anyway? Waiting til you go back to finish those other tracks and releasing an ep ?

Indeed manny.:up:

We have another couple of tracks to record then it's an EP release.

Video shortly for "Of flame and retribution"

Then our usual tour of Aberdeen taking in The Moorings and the Tunnels.:laughing:

cheer up you miserable c**t, how many years ago was that?

the tracks do nothing for me as expected, saying that, I would still like to catch you live again at some point

I'm kidding ya Ceeeeeeunt:up:

Craig, nope, what's this about a gig on the 8th of Jan. Would be well up for that:up:

Toasty, the vid is about the Beslan terrorist massacre so it shall be themed around that. Very dark and violent video. Nope, we won't appear on it. Who wants to see my ugly mug in a video :laughing:

Sounds really good guys, the recording quality is just great.

Cheers duder. Gonna try get another couple of mixes done, lift the compression a bit compared to these examples. Though, Myspace player doesn't really do it any favours anyway!

How good drums sound is entirely down to the individual listening, what you think sounds good i'm almost possible Calum wouldn't agree with.. and not just to be a picky khunt either! haha or, maybe it is..

Very true. That's why I like hearing opinions, what I find "perfect tone" is totally horrible to someone else. I mean, I like Dime's tone and everyone else seems to loathe it. :p

Yeah, the one problem I always find with the studio is that it loses the vibe alot of the time. Obviously - depending how you go about the process - will determine how well it is retained, but I'm just not happy with that sometimes. One of our tracks I was really wanting recorded at first, but it'll only work to get it recorded live. It would lose so much essence and just sound too polished if it was done any other way!

Maybe a wee stint upto toms for a gig aswell. Haha.

What's the ideas for the video?

Yeah I love the Toms gigs they are ace fun!

Hog's putting together some clips as he said that relate to the lyrical content.

I wouldn't mind being super-imposed into some of the scenes and shredding amongst the mayhem :laughing:

speaking of gigs have you received the message about jan 8th?

Just spoke to Hog man - bassist is unavailable so I don't think we'll manage this one. Thanks though!

cheer up you miserable c**t, how many years ago was that?

the tracks do nothing for me as expected, saying that, I would still like to catch you live again at some point

It was before my arrival, so it should be gone by now! :D

Yeah, we'll maybe even give you some Flux if you're lucky ;)

EP? pah! an EP is glorified demo! surely you lot have enough all killer/no filler for an ELEMENT 106 full length?

NEONFLUXICIDE must surely make the cut!

All filler/no killer is the restricting factor. Need better content before I'd want anything as a hard copy for anyone to pick up. :up:

I think I'm about done with this post. Huuurgh,

Ha! Chris and myself are into two completely two different aspects of drumming and to an extent different styles.

No point getting the handbags out.

I love Mike Portnoy as much as I love Fenriz.

Yeah, couldnt agree more, I wasnt actually getting the handbags out here, it is true what bazz says though, its only as good as the listener.

Everyone likes their own thing and eveybody should respect that :up: