aberdeen-music

Culturedeluxe's Albums of the Year 2009

Richie

I can give a personal answer the Bitte Orca question. I personally thought it was the biggest disappointment of the year. I really looked forward to it because I enjoyed "Rise Above" but I got very little out of it at all - and I gave it a thorough listen through three times upon receiving the promo to check. Still, I understand a lot of other people loved it. Mind you, only one out of eleven of our writers nominated it compared to three who liked Saint Etienne.

Yeah, some of the placings may seem a little strange but it was a small straw poll and, unlike some publications, we all placed our albums based on how much we liked them and not on whether they 'should' be in our top 10s. More honest that way :)

Also, I don't feel as if I'm being explained why you've put these albums in the order they're in. Not enough explanation for my liking, but then, I'm an annoying cunt.

It was just done that traditional end of year way - each writer submitted at least 10 and up to 20 in order of preference and then appropriate weighting was given based on the position (#1 = +20, #2 = +19, #20 = +1) etc.

Would never expect our thoughts to be considered definitive but it's just something we do each year and it's good to see whether peeps ever think we're right :)