aberdeen-music

Bob Dylan

Bigsby

Why?

According to wiki he didn't actually write this song, so maybe I'll shut the fuck up myself.

Nah, this is an old song; he embelished it with that cool line tho.

Christmas records in general are awfully cheesy. Very rare to get a good xmas song so I doubt this will be a good album as a whole.

Nah, this is an old song; he embelished it with that cool line tho.

Christmas records in general are awfully cheesy. Very rare to get a good xmas song so I doubt this will be a good album as a whole.

Nah, it's bound to be ace, the bits I've heard so far have been anyway.

The Phil Spector Christmas Album isn't cheesy.

Nah, it's bound to be ace, the bits I've heard so far have been anyway.

The Phil Spector Christmas Album isn't cheesy.

I was generalising of course.

I haven't heard it, but if it is good there will be another 50 clichd christmas albums out there for it.

I'm afraid Bob will always reside in my 'Respected but not Liked', category, along with The Smiths and Neil Young, and some others. But his songwriting is the one facet that I wouldn't criticise, although his musicality is another thing.

Same here. Although his output is so vast I really can't put it all in that same category. There are some tracks I love despite the lack of singing voice.

I found Tom Waits similar for ages but suddenly got it when my mate made me a CD of some of his favourite tracks. As it was the only CD I had in my car for the journey from Edinburgh I ended up listening to it several time and loved it by the time I got home. Perhaps I need to force feed myself Bob Dylan until I just can't not like him. It's hard to find time when there is just so much music out there that I instantly like.

Same here. Although his output is so vast I really can't put it all in that same category. There are some tracks I love despite the lack of singing voice.

I found Tom Waits similar for ages but suddenly got it when my mate made me a CD of some of his favourite tracks. As it was the only CD I had in my car for the journey from Edinburgh I ended up listening to it several time and loved it by the time I got home. Perhaps I need to force feed myself Bob Dylan until I just can't not like him. It's hard to find time when there is just so much music out there that I instantly like.

Listen to Desire start to finish on Sunday afternoon. If not start to finish you could probably skip Joey after 5 or 6 minutes.

>Anyone who still questions Bob Dylan's position as the greatest songwriter of all time,

>watch this and shut the

Not sure of the relevance as Bob Dylan was not the songwriter here, but as a dancer (he did the dancing, no stand-in) and fashion guru no one can match him!

Brave Combo performing at the Holiday Lighting Festival on the square in their hometown, Denton, Texas, Thursday December 4th, 2008 is Bob's source, courtesy of a researcher.

including the presidential list jokette.

But the charity video is an excellent example of Bob Dylan performing and reinventing himself.

Wait until you hear the polka album when it is finished! Long time incubating but the reaction to Santa should spur it on to release.

Ed

Mr Bigsby,

Better watch BBC 4 at quarter oast midnight tonight. They are re-running The Best of Johnny Cash and it features a very young Bob Dylan singing with Johnny Cash back in the late sixties. Also a chance to see Emmy Lou Harris, and a very young Eric Clapton (as Derek and the Dominoes) at the Grand Old Opry. other guests include the Ray Charles and Roy Orbison and Neil Diamond - all looking remarkably young - mid you it was made 40 years ago.