aberdeen-music

Lady Gaga

Guest Gladstone

That's quite a close minded attitude, just because you don't like it it doesn't mean it isn't music and people don't enjoy it. I quite like a bit of pop, it's all down to taste, some people like pop, some people like grindcore, some people like hip-hop. Me, I hate R&B, I think it's nauseating sleazy ass-dribble, but I can understand why people like, I don't dismiss it entirely as a genre and slag off everybody that likes it, I just choose not to listen to it, and don't let it ruin my day.... :up:

Truths!

:up:

Guest Gladstone

Got to say, I think you're way off the mark with Lady Gaga - as far as I'm aware (though could be wrong), she writes her own music, and indeed used to write pop tunes for other artists before having a crack at fronting her own music. As said above, she's an actual musician - I think all the wacky ideas are probably hers, and they work.

She's gone from someone in the background a year ago, to being one of the most talked about artists at the moment.

It's totally subjective though, and a couple of years ago I dismissed "pop" music outright most of the time, but I must be softening in my old age - like Lucky, I like me a bit of pop now and again. But Lady Gaga isn't lowest common denominator pop - she's got a lot of "different" ideas thrown in, it's a bit dancey in places, a lot electro in other places, and yes, has a massive slice of "pop".

I still think she's ace. Bad Romance came on in the car after work today, and it's catchy as fuck. Her nonsensical lyrics at the start and the end are brilliant in my opinion...

I'd like to point out that my hatred for Lady Gaga has nothing to do with her music. I think her music is utter gash, but that's irrelevant to my hatred of her. I learnt long agoto ignore pop music. I actually think she's a fucking moron. Her flamboyant dresses, her rumours about her little penis, her saying "v stands for my favourite word, Vagina". Everything about her has led me to the conclusion that she's a complete fucking twat.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to point out that my hatred for Lady Gaga has nothing to do with her music. I think her music is utter gash, but that's irrelevant to my hatred of her. I learnt long agoto ignore pop music. I actually think she's a fucking moron. Her flamboyant dresses, her rumours about her little penis, her saying "v stands for my favourite word, Vagina". Everything about her has led me to the conclusion that she's a complete fucking twat.

You must spread... etc.

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. I'm growing to accept her music for what it is, but she's clearly a massively pretentious piss weasel.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...