aberdeen-music

Lady Gaga

Guest Gladstone

If it's popular, it must be good to a fair majority of the population, non?

i recall on several occassions saying that a good portion of the planet are mouth breathing wastes of bones teeth and skin. I'm not saying that everyone who likes pop music is, but a lot are. it kills me that my sister listens to that stuff. lady gaga and cheryl fucking cole. all these songs written on a 24 key, battery operated keyboard and 1 finger by a 40-something year old man to make a quick buck and have a chuckle about it later

pop musc as described on Urban Dictionary, December 8: sorry dude :

"The sound a dying mongoose makes from its anus as it dies

BOB - "Shit, is there a dieing mongoose in your living room?"

FUCKWIT - "no, thats my Britney Spears CD"

BOB - My eyes are bleeding....

the retarded form of song that offers no originality and is the result of corporation - backed, "singers," and writers. basically highly non - political\religious\profane because the people that make it have no balls**

man MTV's becoming a pop music - promoting piece if junk

Popular music. A collective genre, also referred to as Pop, Chart Music, Top 40, or Hits, it primarily focuses on wide circulation, sales and the marketability of the "artists" than on creative or artistic content. Pop can range from Dance, R&B, Rap, Country and Rock, but is generally the most "diluted" form of any genre it emulates. Pop songs generally have a 3-minute, hook/verse structure (although many ballads have made it to the charts) written for immediate likability, often written by corporate record label executives, and "pushed" by a front-person or people, commonly referred to as the artist or artists.

When initially identifying a pop artist, mass production and circulation are the biggest indicators. Check mainstream media/entertainment outlets, such as MTV, VH1, E!, Rolling Stone magazine, or the "New Releases" or "Heavy Rotation" section of the local music store."

** obviously "lady" gaga is the exception to the rule

PS, i'm glad to be having an actual coversation about music for a change on aberdeen music. good thread.

btw, you can listen to whatever you want, its no skin off my balls (thats the expression right?)

you're right, its one of the most subjective things out there along with other forms of art. I'm glad its so diverse, otherwise it would just be boring. without pop music, who would faith no more have made fun of?

Fair enough.

However, Lady Gaga is actually a musician. I don't know of you've heard her play the piano, but she's actually quite good...

i could at this point say "piano isnt an instrument" but, i've grown up very slightly from back in the day and i'll give my truthful response of:

no i haven't....i'll have to look it up

...pop isn't music.

That's quite a close minded attitude, just because you don't like it it doesn't mean it isn't music and people don't enjoy it. I quite like a bit of pop, it's all down to taste, some people like pop, some people like grindcore, some people like hip-hop. Me, I hate R&B, I think it's nauseating sleazy ass-dribble, but I can understand why people like, I don't dismiss it entirely as a genre and slag off everybody that likes it, I just choose not to listen to it, and don't let it ruin my day.... :up: