Taste of Chaos

fatboy

• 2 weeks later...
the morns night at the 02/carling academy

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

IN FLAMES

EVERY TIME I DIE

MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER

anyone else going to this, and if you fancy meeting up for a doob/beer before or after give me a shout

:up:

Only just discovered this thread... bit late.

How did you guys find it? The sound was shit all night. Bass drum totally overpowered everything, and this was me in the 4th row from the front wearing earplugs... in the middle of the floor where i was for Maylene it sounded even worse.

Also the 'metalheads' there were mostly annoying pricks. Was amusing to see them turn back and stare during ETID at the hardcore dancing... I mean I don't like it but they were being dicks and starting fights.

Best part of the night...? In Flames playing Embody the Invisible! Colony was the last decent album they made IMO and was nice to hear something off it :D

Only just discovered this thread... bit late.

How did you guys find it? The sound was shit all night. Bass drum totally overpowered everything, and this was me in the 4th row from the front wearing earplugs... in the middle of the floor where i was for Maylene it sounded even worse.

Also the 'metalheads' there were mostly annoying pricks. Was amusing to see them turn back and stare during ETID at the hardcore dancing... I mean I don't like it but they were being dicks and starting fights.

Best part of the night...? In Flames playing Embody the Invisible! Colony was the last decent album they made IMO and was nice to hear something off it :D

The first band that played, don't know them and canna mind who they are, they had a resonable sound I thought, especially with 3 guitarist, I could hear each one clearly

Every Time I Die, pants just pants, can't say I'm a fan and they didn't change my mind either

In flames were spot on performance wise, but aye the guitars wernae loud enough for my liking

Kse sounded good apart from the bass guitar could have been a bit louder

good show none the less

p.s I was up next to the sound desk bang in the middle

The first band that played, don't know them and canna mind who they are, they had a resonable sound I thought, especially with 3 guitarist, I could hear each one clearly

Every Time I Die, pants just pants, can't say I'm a fan and they didn't change my mind either

In flames were spot on performance wise, but aye the guitars wernae loud enough for my liking

Kse sounded good apart from the bass guitar could have been a bit louder

good show none the less

p.s I was up next to the sound desk bang in the middle

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, I could only here the guitarist on the left really (the one that did all the soloing),

I'm not a massive fan of ETID, but they generally put on great live performances in small venues purely due to their energy (if you went to their show at the Tunnels in May no one was standing still!) but in a large venue like the Academy it just doesn't work. Crowd too distant from the band.

Yup In Flames played a good set, and as stated played a more varied set than I thought. They only seemed to be on stage for about 30 mins though and I would have liked more songs from them

KsE.... hmmm, played more early songs than I thought... But I am a Jesse fan so Howard kinda slaughtered the AOJB stuff. Was spot on for the new songs though.

Btw anyone going to Bonecrusher Fest in February,...? I want to see Obscura and The Faceless, can only go if I get a lift to and from Glasgow on the night though. Aside from that next Glasgow show is Between the Buried and Me in February. Can't wait :love:

Correct.

You're a hardcore fan though :p To anyone who only likes metal... they're shit, and were very very out of place on that bill. However whilst I HATE most hardcore, I don't mind ETID live (seen them 3 times now) but wouldn't really choose to listen to them above what I normally do.

I dunno what fatboy likes, but suspect he is neither of the above!

Incorrect.

Correct.

As I said "I though" they were pants, and i gave them the chance to give me an impression

but no, some part of me somehow doesnt seem to dig them

why would that be, we all must like the same music as you Mr Mac otherwise we must be inferior to yourself

bottom line

I dinna like em, fuck off go eat yer dogshite and don't bother me again!