aberdeen-music

Podcasts

kirsten

Bump just to stress how good this podcast is. Fascinating wee stories about American life.

Skinner and baddiels world cup one has been nae bad although it's ridiculous how little they know about football.

Glad you're enjoying it man, just about everyone I've recommended it to says the same.

Ira Glass is a legend.

Cheers for those who mentioned The Nerdist too, good stuff, got the live show they did recently lined up for a train journey tomorrow actually.

As for fitba, The Guardian's World Cup Daily has been decent, haven't heard it every day but James Richardson and Sid Lowe are always a good listen.

• 8 months later...

I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my own extremely amature podcast.

Podcrastination

5 episodes available on iTunes.

It's basically me and my mate Gareth (He's not on ab-music but some of you might know him as he use to be the manager of Moshulu).

The first few episodes sound is quite poor but we are getting better.

Lucky Rathen pops up in one episode but don't let that put you off!

Also I recommend the following:

Talkin' Shit with Jim Jeffries and Eddie Ifft.

SModcast

SMovie Makers (episode 2 with Edgar Wright)

Cult of UHF is good too. Not really a podcast but just lots of free B-Movies.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for some new podcasts to kill some hours at my work. I only currently listen to:

Doug Loves Movies (Doug Benson live show about movies and the Leonard Maltin game)

WTF? with Marc Maron (one of the best podcasts going IMO - twice weekly and has long, involved interviews/conversations with famous comedians/actors)

AIOTM (ay-eye-o-tuh-muh) - Richard Herring's radio sketch show which is now RIP

Don't really know what I'm looking for, but nothing recommended in this thread has been something I am especially interested in. (except the XFM Gervais ones)

Fitzdog radio

Dave Gorman

Frank Skinner (surprisingly very good)

Can't stand Iain Lee's one but it seems to be popular - For a shit, has-never-been comedian he's got such a big ego)

The Complete Guide to Everything (A kinda lazy, two guys chatting shit one. I like it a lot.)

Sklarboro Country (love this one)

Adam Carolla (he's sometimes annoying but occasionally very astute)

Edit: I've probably mentioned a few of these before but i'm too lazy to check.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Bump...

Anyone listening to anything good these days? This thread was started long before every single person in the realms of acting and/or comedy has their own podcast.

Started listening to Jay Mohr's one (the agent from Jerry maguire and some time stand up). I like it a lot. Other than that I'm pretty addicted to Adam Carolla. I even went to see it live.

Comedy Bang Bang should have definitely had a mention here by now. Pretty much the best. Also where my avatar originates from.

You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes. In a similar vein to WTF, but if it was hosted by the opposite of Marc Maron.

More recently caught up on The Attitude Era Podcast. Bunch of British dudes reviewing every WWF pay-per-view of the Attitude Era. Like this: 

The Pete Holmes one is good. His laugh is a bit annoying though.

They're all kinda similar. Funny people sitting around talking about other funny people. I'd highly recommend Fitzdog radio. It's probably my favourite of the 'stand ups interviewing stand ups' podcasts. He gets really introspective and is just the perfect example of someone who gives zero fucks. 

I love the sound of that wwf one.

also, I dont get the hype around the WTF podcast. He's such a narcisistic cunt I dont understand how he gets all the big guests.

Edited by ca_gere

• 1 year later...

Because the entirety of Twitter was going on about the podcast 'Serial', I gave it a listen and it's brilliant. I didn't even read up on what it's about and just downloaded it to find out and I totally recommend doing the same. You'll know after an episode whether you like it or not.

Anyone else been listening?