aberdeen-music

Podcasts

kirsten

I didn't really know where to put this so figured it'd be okay here.

What podcasts do you recommend?

I've always loved Adam and Joe, but more recently I've been listening to the show live and haven't bothered with the podcast. I miss the jingles though...

I also enjoy the puerile ramblings of Collings and Herrin and the strange half hour of anecdotes and facts courtesy of Paul Foot and chums.

Robin Ince's Show and Tell/Utter Shambles were good when they were on. Heard a rumour that he and Josie Long were going to start doing them again, but Ince is currently working on a science show with Brian Cox.

Uh... what else..? Little Atoms is okay for serious humanist and sciencey type discussion. Some drag on a little though, so it's always good to check the description on itunes.

I'm bored of my own typing-typing now so am going to submit this and inevitably remember lots of other ones I like.

Comedy wise, you really can't beat the Ricky Gervais back catalogue IMO. The new ones are not as good but Karl Pilkington still makes me laugh so much. Other than that I listen to the Radio 4 comedy podcast and Ad and Joe. Dipped in and out of some other stuff but not found anything to top them. What's his name from the Simpsons and Spinal tap has apparently got quite a popular one but i listened to it once and wasn't that impressed.

As well as the stuff that's already been mentioned I listen to The Bugle podcast from Andy Zaltzman (brother of Helen from the Answer Me This podcast) and John Oliver (of The Daily Show fame) which is good if you're into surrealist political satire and ridiculous puns.

The Football Ramble is my favourite sport related podcast, 4 guys talking about the weeks events in football as well as a weekly feature section which profiles a player/manager/competition/stadium to be inducted into the Dean Windass Hall of Fame.

Guardian Football Weekly - this one is slightly more serious than the ramble with more in depth analysis from people who don't annoy me. No Tony Cascarinos on here...

F1 Rejects - the only F1 podcast that focuses on the back of the field rather than the top. Will probably be a while before they put something new up but come the start of next season I'd reccommend tracking it down.

Collings and Herrin has already been mentioned at the top but it's ace so I'm going to put it my list too.

As well as the stuff that's already been mentioned I listen to The Bugle podcast from Andy Zaltzman (brother of Helen from the Answer Me This podcast) and John Oliver (of The Daily Show fame) which is good if you're into surrealist political satire and ridiculous puns.

This gets my vote too. I love Andy Zaltzman, he doesnt get the plaudits he deserves. I remember seeing him at the old students union in front of about 5 other people and he put as much into his set as he would have if it were a packed out Jongleurs. For clever, very clever satire there is none better.

F1 Rejects - the only F1 podcast that focuses on the back of the field rather than the top. Will probably be a while before they put something new up but come the start of next season I'd reccommend tracking it down.

I'm going to look this up. I listen to the Chequered Flag one, which is pretty pap, and the F1 Show, which is just two American guys in their bedroom by the sound of it.

• 5 months later...

I've recently exhausted my podcast library and started downloading all kinds of stuff to find something new. I'm enjoying:

dave gorman

joe rogan (doug stanhope's less eloquent buddy)

phil jupitus (called the 2 phils or something)

Robert Llewelyn carpool (he gives a famou person a lift and they chat away)

the nerdist (really American but enjoyable)

• 3 weeks later...
Not so much a podcast as more of an internet stream, but I know an ace one.

The Lazlow show. Basically the dude from the GTA radio does his own live radio show every month or so, and its hella funny. You can get it at his website lazlow.com.

"My son listened to your station, then he flunked out of school, wah wah wah!"

Well how you gonna learn to party at school, mom?