aberdeen-music

Rock all weekend @ korova

rockdj78

It was indeed Flogging The Horses.

Well, we will see about getting some cynic, necrophagist and/or cryptopsy!

If you could get some Quo Vadis, Martyr, Obscura or Archons on the go I would be amazingly impressed, but hardly anyone has heard of them so guess it's a bit niche :p

The above suggestions are good though. Could maybe just about dance to Integral Birth! Although imagine the air guitaring during the start of Stabwound if that was played :O

I'm in Glasgow tomorrow night though, save the good music for next Friday plz :up:

On the contrary HairyScaryMark.

Had you been in any of the last few weeks then you would've heard Stripped, Raped, Strangled, Devoured By Vermin and Hammer Smashed Face and not just really early either but in what is classed as the primetime hours after midnight. Remember also that tghe club opens at 10pm with the music starting at that point too, obviously, and that we get to play alot more "extreme" and "underground" stuff in those first couple of hours before we are expected to keep the dance floor filled. That is not to say we don't play songs that basically clear the dancefloor save a few people now and again in those last few hours because we want to keep up the promise that we play songs from all the genres that we say we do.

Going to post last weeks set list up here in the next few days to show our variation.

I must have missed it then. Not saying it didn't happen, I must have just either not been there or failed to notice/remember.

i am one of the 3 korova rock DJs, along with Ben and Hendo.

i was DJing on friday.

for the last 4 songs, the crowd was absolutely mental.

one of my favourite nights we've had since we started the rock night a while back in the middle floor.

and on other topics, from my experience, if you are a cock to ben, he will be a cock back, simple.

Guest Gladstone
if you are a cock to ben, he will be a cock back, simple.

Possibly the case, but I can assure you that Ben was a cock for no apparent reason in my case.

I see he's been banned after 3 posts. The mods know he's a cock too.

There seems to be a lot of complete knobs in Korova, it is the only place that i've ever been where someone has tried to start a fight with me inside, I used to go to budz, moshulu, cotton club, exodus and drum and never had problems there. They need to tighten up the door policy. The music is good and I do enjoy it but there are far too many over drunk folk inside

Only ever seen one fight there and the bouncers were fairly quick to stop the ruckus.

Everytime I've been there which is pretty much every Friday, the crowd have always been up for a good laugh and generally well behaved I the best possible sense when majority are plastered. Still very busy at the weekend and never waited any longer then 5 minutes to get a drink.

Saturday nights are completely different though as it's alot smaller and compact. There are alt more arseholes out on a Saturday aswell it seems. Oh well.

Only ever seen one fight there and the bouncers were fairly quick to stop the ruckus.

Everytime I've been there which is pretty much every Friday, the crowd have always been up for a good laugh and generally well behaved I the best possible sense when majority are plastered. Still very busy at the weekend and never waited any longer then 5 minutes to get a drink.

Saturday nights are completely different though as it's alot smaller and compact. There are alt more arseholes out on a Saturday aswell it seems. Oh well.

Wisdom.

Saturdays in aberdeen are bent,

I've had several people start on me on korova on fridays actually. Regardless of how un-PC this is, they are all ned scum.

A few weeks back i ended up pulling one of them to the ground in a choke hold and made him apologise after he tried to russian leg sweep me on the dancefloor o_O(this was after shoving me 3 or 4 times which i ignored). I just let him go and he scarpered...

About 5 minutes later the bouncers came in looking for him (I'd already been to the bar, got my drink and was standing around chatting to friends)

Then again, none of my friends have ever seemed to have any trouble so maybe i just give off a vibe... :down:

I've had several people start on me on korova on fridays actually. Regardless of how un-PC this is, they are all ned scum.

A few weeks back i ended up pulling one of them to the ground in a choke hold and made him apologise after he tried to russian leg sweep me on the dancefloor o_O(this was after shoving me 3 or 4 times which i ignored). I just let him go and he scarpered...

About 5 minutes later the bouncers came in looking for him (I'd already been to the bar, got my drink and was standing around chatting to friends)

Then again, none of my friends have ever seemed to have any trouble so maybe i just give off a vibe... :down:

I haven't personally had really any trouble in there but I mostly agree with your sentiments.

Never going to Korova on a wednesday again, I have had shit the last 2 times I've been there. Fridays are normally fine though, I can only remember one incident where some girl went mental on a couple of my mates when we were dancing.

As for the tunes, I requested Cannibal Corpse a few times and got them played (I think thats when it was still on the middle floor), I always get Slayer and plenty of Pantera when I ask for it as well, cant complain in that respect.

Kaizen that probably means you're the napolean dynamite type whose face begs to be slapped up.

There is no evidence to support this, i'm just boredom.

Hmm... I'm fairly sure my mum told me that once... Not the napolean dynamite part! Just the "face begs to be slapped".

Decide for yourself... face.jpg

Either way! Still has a way of putting a downer on a good night!