aberdeen-music

Rock all weekend @ korova

rockdj78

As you may or may not know by now the place to go in Aberdeen for a great rock club night is Korova on Bridge Street and Windmill Brae.

On a Friday night down in the Korova Klub (entrance on Windmill Brae) is the Jagermeister Rock Night from 10pm till 3am EVERY FRIDAY! Playing the best from just about every rock and metal genre going! DJ's Ben Weapon and Hendo will play Paramore then Cannibal Corpse so you sure to be on and off the dancefloor THROUGHOUT the night!!

On a Saturday on the Middle floor (entrance on bridge street then go downstairs) is the Jagermeister Rock Night continued...with Ben Weapon. The Friday got so big that people wanted more and in a smaller, sweatier setting.

You will have an awesome time...dont believe us? Read on....

"We tour the UK often and go to loads of rock clubs...this is easily one of the best" - The Arusha Accord (band from Reading, England)

"The songs played are alot of what you want to hear when you're in a rock club, drinking and dancing but there was also the odd curveball that was a welcome surprise. The club itself is an awesome setting and drinks are pretty cheap too!" - Paula Bretton (club regular)

"Often go on theFridays and Saturdays. Love the whole building to be honest and the drinks are really easy on the wallet. The dj's are nice guys and seem to have so so much variety. They do what rock clubs should do and mix up genres song to song most of the time, insted of going through phases which just annoys most people i know!" - Elliot Robertson (club regular)

Friday is free before midnight and then 2 afterwards and Saturday is free all night.

I've never been in the basement bit. I may have to investigate. I properly, properly, hate Korova, but I was unaware that there may be a floor that isn't totally shit.

Go during the day, for the food. Dunno what the rest of the menu's like, but the homemade burgers are top notch and well worth the money.

The initial post is quite possibly the funniest slice of comedy ever seen on here, and by the Christ that's saying something...

:up:

• Upvote 1

Yeah the burgers are amazing. Had a particularly good one one that had a slice of black pudding in it as well as the burger.

Although last time I went (about two weeks ago) they said they were without a chef. So I'm a bit worried that the burgers will not be as amazing once they find a new one.

Guest Gladstone
I've been quite a few times (mainly on the Friday) and heard plenty Paramore but no Cannibal Corpse.

What's this?

Ben Weapon not fulfilling his side of the bargain??

I don't believe such a thing has ever happened before.

"We tour the UK often and go to loads of rock clubs...this is easily one of the best" - The Arusha Accord (band from Reading, England)

The Arusha Accord were wasted on Friday night ;) Everything is amazing when you are drunk!

And yes I imagine this is Ben... since I also know that TAA stayed at his house on Friday night :p Makes sense really!

On the contrary HairyScaryMark.

Had you been in any of the last few weeks then you would've heard Stripped, Raped, Strangled, Devoured By Vermin and Hammer Smashed Face and not just really early either but in what is classed as the primetime hours after midnight. Remember also that tghe club opens at 10pm with the music starting at that point too, obviously, and that we get to play alot more "extreme" and "underground" stuff in those first couple of hours before we are expected to keep the dance floor filled. That is not to say we don't play songs that basically clear the dancefloor save a few people now and again in those last few hours because we want to keep up the promise that we play songs from all the genres that we say we do.

Going to post last weeks set list up here in the next few days to show our variation.

On the contrary HairyScaryMark.

Had you been in any of the last few weeks then you would've heard Stripped, Raped, Strangled, Devoured By Vermin and Hammer Smashed Face and not just really early either but in what is classed as the primetime hours after midnight. Remember also that tghe club opens at 10pm with the music starting at that point too, obviously, and that we get to play alot more "extreme" and "underground" stuff in those first couple of hours before we are expected to keep the dance floor filled. That is not to say we don't play songs that basically clear the dancefloor save a few people now and again in those last few hours because we want to keep up the promise that we play songs from all the genres that we say we do.

Going to post last weeks set list up here in the next few days to show our variation.

I'm sure you played SikTh at about 1am on Friday. Think it was Flogging the Horses. Anyway that alone is good enough for me!! Now all you need is some Tech Death and a bit more djent and I will be a happy man :D

just play that ;) Will sound rubbish on a club system though, any bass heavy music does :(

I'm sure you played SikTh at about 1am on Friday. Think it was Flogging the Horses. Anyway that alone is good enough for me!! Now all you need is some Tech Death and a bit more djent and I will be a happy man :D
just play that ;) Will sound rubbish on a club system though, any bass heavy music does :(

It was indeed Flogging The Horses.

Well, we will see about getting some cynic, necrophagist and/or cryptopsy!