aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Easy Wishes

Editing Posts

Is there a way I can edit the first post in a thread to keep it up-to-date?

Specifically, I'm talking about the World Cup thread I've posted in the Sports forum...would keep things far neater if I could go in and edit the initial post with updates on fixtures, results, tables etc.

Afraid not, unless Neil actually removes the restriction on editing posts altogether. At the moment posts can't be edited more than an hour after they're made, and this is a universal setting across the boards. Unfortunately there's no way of changing that only for specific threads or even specific forums. The reason for the restriction was because certain people had a habit of posting something unpleasant, causing offence then going back and changing it. It also taught some people to be a bit more careful what they post after a few shandies, as you can't simply delete it when you wake up next day.

If it's just an occasional change that needs to be made, then the staff could probably change it for you, but if it's going to be something new every day, then that's not going to be practical, sorry.

Afraid not, unless Neil actually removes the restriction on editing posts altogether. At the moment posts can't be edited more than an hour after they're made, and this is a universal setting across the boards. Unfortunately there's no way of changing that only for specific threads or even specific forums. The reason for the restriction was because certain people had a habit of posting something unpleasant, causing offence then going back and changing it. It also taught some people to be a bit more careful what they post after a few shandies, as you can't simply delete it when you wake up next day.

If it's just an occasional change that needs to be made, then the staff could probably change it for you, but if it's going to be something new every day, then that's not going to be practical, sorry.

Understandable.

It'll be fairly occasional until the run-up to the World Cup but once it all kicks off, the intention was to update pretty much every day. :(

You could always see if other folk are willing to support you being made a (temporary?) Local Moderator of the sports area then you'd be able to update things.

You could always see if other folk are willing to support you being made a (temporary?) Local Moderator of the sports area then you'd be able to update things.

Good idea.

What are the chances..? I'm mostly always good and I'll be on my best behaviour.

:love: